Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-20-2018, 06:01 AM   #451
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamsus View Post
Hi

Some languages - particularly Lithuanian - use "Sentence case" for book titles. I.e. first letter of the book title is Uppercase, rest of the words are in lower case (if words are not referring to names or places). If title consists of two sentences then again Uppercase letter at the beginning of next sentence.

But problem is that all titles downloaded by Goodreads plugin are converted to Title case. This should be optional. Please see example of Lithuanian book in Goodreads:
"Mirtis šampano taurėje"

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...ampano-taur-je
The attached beta should fix this. The title formatting was being done based on the language fetched for the book. It should only be done for English or if there was no language. But, the language wasn't being fetched properly except for a small set of languages. This change should work for more languages.

Last edited by davidfor; 12-24-2018 at 02:47 AM. Reason: Removed beta as it has been released.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 01:19 AM   #452
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Beta - Site changes for rating

Just a quick update to the beta to handle a change in how the rating is on the page. This was identified by @futurebum in the Goodreads_rating plugin thread. I don't download the rating from any site, so I don't notice when it stops working. Please try and tell me how it goes.

But, more importantly, did anyone test the previous beta with the change to handle languages? I'd need to know if it works for others before releasing that change.

Last edited by davidfor; 12-24-2018 at 02:47 AM. Reason: Removed beta as it has been released.
Old 12-01-2018, 04:07 AM   #453
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I cannot test it... I only download info about English Books
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 03:03 PM   #454
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Misc
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
But, more importantly, did anyone test the previous beta with the change to handle languages? I'd need to know if it works for others before releasing that change.
I confirm it. It works OK.

goodreads:6440739
Version 1.3.0: Morderstwo Pod Cenzurą
Version 1.3.1 (beta): Morderstwo pod cenzurą
BeckyEbook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 11:47 AM   #455
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Confirmed last update works, thank you very much

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 12-11-2018 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Added missing opening quote
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 08:17 PM   #456
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Please forgive me if this is a FAQ, but does the GR plugin allow me to update my reading progress on Goodreads from Calibre? The app is authorised on Goodreads (when I try to authorise it, I get told "this app is already authorised", the books are linked, but when I select one and "update reading progress" nothing happens to the data being displayed on Goodreads?
Old 12-12-2018, 08:30 PM   #457
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartjmz View Post
Please forgive me if this is a FAQ, but does the GR plugin allow me to update my reading progress on Goodreads from Calibre? The app is authorised on Goodreads (when I try to authorise it, I get told "this app is already authorised", the books are linked, but when I select one and "update reading progress" nothing happens to the data being displayed on Goodreads?
You want the "Goodreads Sync" plugin. The Metadata Source plugins for fetching metadata from the sites. They don't sent data the other way

But, if the book in calibre has a Goodreads id, then it should update the progress. And I can say it was working last night for me.
Old 12-12-2018, 08:48 PM   #458
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Thanks David. It is the Goodreads Sync plugin I'm using and the book I'm reading does have a Goodreads ID
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...thoven-s-tenth

I selected the Kindle edition since the Kobo doesn't have a separate GR edition listed.

I must have something configured incorrectly, I'm just wondering what. The attached screenshot show what I see. I select "update reading progress" and my GR homepage persists in showing the last update I manually entered there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tenth.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	168309  
Old 12-12-2018, 08:57 PM   #459
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

It WAS pebkac, of course, I simply had the wrong GR edition selected.
Old 12-20-2018, 04:34 AM   #460
punkadiddle
punkadiddle began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
1.3.2 fixed ratings for me. Great work!
punkadiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 02:31 AM   #461
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Update to version 1.4.0

Release 1.4.0 of the plugin has been released. The changes are:
  • Fix: Site change for rating.
  • Fix: Add extra attempt to convert language name to code.

These changes have been in the last couple of betas and appears to be OK. If anyone sees a problem, please report them here.
Old 12-24-2018, 01:09 PM   #462
rainyman
rainyman began at the beginning.

Device: pdf
How one actually use this plugin? Or how I know that I install it and it works correctly? thanks
rainyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 07:57 PM   #463
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

This is a "Metadata Source" plugin. It is used when downloading metadata. You can tell it is working if results from Goodreads are found when doing this.
Old 02-10-2019, 07:17 PM   #464
moredrowsy
Connoisseur
moredrowsy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
When no isbn is given when using this plugin, is it possible to prioritize looking for kindle editions or ebook editions or paperback editions?
moredrowsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 07:55 PM   #465
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moredrowsy View Post
When no isbn is given when using this plugin, is it possible to prioritize looking for kindle editions or ebook editions or paperback editions?
The plugin will get the ISBN from the Goodreads if the edition selected has an ISBN. But, not all editions have an ISBN. Kindle editions have an ASIN instead of an ISBN (or at least all that I have looked at).

For the book type, I'm not very interested in adding a priority. If you want to choose between editions, the Goodreads Sync plugin has a function to do this.

Also, the plugin will use an existing ISBN or ASIN. It searches by ISBN, then ASIN and then the title and author. So, if you already have one of these, that will select which edition you get.

Tags
goodreads, metadata