Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 02-04-2019, 09:02 AM   #466
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedhax View Post
That's strange! As you mentioned, Bookari is available on both iOS and Android, but you still somehow feel that Bookari on iOS is nothing comparable to its Android edition. Does this imply that you just prefer or feel comfortable with Android more than iOS?

I’m comfortable with either os. Bookari on IOS does not have most of the settings you have on Android. You can’t get rid of page curl and the curl drives me crazy, you have to accept that the only page turn touches are forward on right and backward on left (I like to use touches to page forward and swipe to page left). As far as I can tell, there is no difference between the paid version and the free one except for ads. IF Bookari would implement the settings from Android on IOS, I would use it.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 08:54 PM   #467
kleinjar
Connoisseur
kleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: none
I’d like to buy MapleRead SE, but I have one question:

Does it have that loading delay when switching to a new chapter? On the free version, there’s a “loading” animation and a small delay every time it loads a new chapter. This doesn’t happen in other ebook apps. I’d like to be able to use it without this delay.

Is it possible to quickly flip pages? Can I flip through five pages in one second if I wanted to? The free version has this long delay between page flips that makes it impossible to quickly skim through a book. Quick-flipping has its uses sometimes, like if I wanted to quickly look at a page four or five pages back.
Edit: I found the “instant flip” option. But it would be nice if there were still a fast animation to accompany a page flip, while also being able to flip as fast as I want through many pages. But the “instant” flip is okay I guess.

I do like everything else about MapleRead though.

Last edited by kleinjar; 03-14-2019 at 09:06 PM.
kleinjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2019, 08:58 PM   #468
kleinjar
Connoisseur
kleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refreshes

Quote:
Originally Posted by slantybard View Post
The preference for slide/curl/instant is found in the dialog window with the "Sun" symbol.
Ok I just found this. Editing previous post.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:21 PM   #469
kleinjar
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbaylor View Post
[...] personally I've found that the slide effect is fast enough for me, as I tap to "turn page".
But the animation should not bottleneck user input, which is what seems to happen in MapleRead. Even with a slowish animation, it should still be listening for user input and responding in a timely manner.

Even if animation is enabled, if I quickly tap five times to turn the page, it should flip through five pages, maybe overlapping the animations if it has to. See any version of KyBook for a nice example of this overlapped-animations behavior.
Old 03-29-2019, 02:18 PM   #470
BlankEyes
Enthusiast
BlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the rough

Device: iPad 2018
Problems w/MapleRead Dropbox and Drive

I have a problem with MapleRead not displaying all files in DropBox.

In list view there is only a fraction, same in large icons view.
In small icon view I get significantly more titles available but only about a third of my 170 titles. They are a mix of ePub and pdf.

Is this a bug? Anyone else has this problem?

Any help would be highly appreciated.
BlankEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2019, 08:13 AM   #471
legueil
legueil began at the beginning.

Device: iDevice
I used to use Marvin and tried out Mapleread today. I must say I am impressed so far. There is one thing that would make it the perfect reader to me: I would like to have an option to hide the current position. Yes, you can hide it in the settings, but after a tap on the page it reappears. Would it be hard to include an option for disabling it permanently?

Last edited by legueil; 04-02-2019 at 03:18 AM.
legueil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 01:38 AM   #472
cedhax
Addict
cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by legueil View Post
I used to use Marvin and tried out Mapleread today. I must say I am impressed so far. There is one thing that would make it the perfect reader to me: I would like to have an option to hide the current position. Yes, you can hide it in the settings, but after a tap on the page it reappears. Would it be hard to include an option for disabling it permanently?
I'm not sure what you mean by "hiding the current position". It seems that you're looking for something related to the page header/footer (of EPUB) control, or the "Auto-Hide Controls on Page Turn" option in iOS Settings. The header/footer control is under A | More.
cedhax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 06:48 AM   #473
legueil
legueil began at the beginning.

Device: iDevice
Quote:
I'm not sure what you mean by "hiding the current position". It seems that you're looking for something related to the page header/footer (of EPUB) control, or the "Auto-Hide Controls on Page Turn" option in iOS Settings. The header/footer control is under A | More.
Yes, that's what I meant. Thank you for your help! The settings are a bit confusing but now I got it!
legueil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 10:39 AM   #474
legitimus
legitimus began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Mapleread metadata : how to add the field language from Calibre ?

Hi everybody,

Any way in Mapleread to add for the metadata the field "languages" from Calibre ?

There is already in Mapleread Title, Series, Volume, Author, Author Sort, Description but no field for languages...

Thanks !
legitimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 12:07 PM   #475
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired
romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: iPad Mini 5 & Mini 6
Quote:
So the header/footer control is only PER book? There isn't a global setting?
romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 09:03 PM   #476
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired
romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: iPad Mini 5 & Mini 6
iTunes File Sharing

Do I understand correctly that using ITFS will create a backup of all the books I have in MapleRead SE? Specifically the BMlib file.

And what about with iTunes 12.7 and later which removed iOS app management from iTunes but without a replacement application?

Last edited by romad; 04-08-2019 at 01:41 PM.
romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 11:30 PM   #477
SJJ
SJJ began at the beginning.

Device: Sony TH-55
Update Read Field in Calibre

Can Mapleread send the read field back to Calibre? I've been using Mapleread SE for a few months now and I like it a lot. I finally gave up on iBooks when the category / grouping I used for series went bonkers. I found Mapleread and I am very happy with it.
SJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 08:16 AM   #478
hollowpoint
Groupie
hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Mini, Kindle PW5, Libra 2
New user of Mapleread SE, this is a nice app. Posted an informal comparison with Kybook 3, just getting started comparing.
hollowpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 07:50 PM   #479
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I have MapleRead CX 3.0.5 on my iPhone and in the library settings there is a switch to Lock Rotation however I have no such option in MapleRead SE 3.0.5 on my iPad Mini which is where I could really use it. Am I missing something? Is the option just not available in SE at all or is it perhaps located somewhere else and I'm just missing it?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 11:45 PM   #480
hollowpoint
Groupie
hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Mini, Kindle PW5, Libra 2
What worked for me in the SE app was, go into Ipad Settings | Control Center, and enable the Access within Apps setting. Then in MR, swipe down from top-right edge to open Control Center. Click the rotate/lock icon to lock screen orientation.
hollowpoint is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mapleread