Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 09-16-2011, 02:04 PM   #1
adam l
adam l began at the beginning.

Device: PB 603
second beta 2.1.2 has arrived for Pro devices

For those that do not track the rus/ukr forum.

Version 2.1.2 beta for the Pro has arrived:

Link to the original thread:
http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewt...=744207#744207

The main differences from 2.0.6:
1. The new library, sorted by author, series and genres.
2. Fbreader with translation cache pages (remember the paging device during turn-off)
3. Multitasking (you can open simultaneously many books and to use applications)
4. Preview page when you call the quick menu go to the page number + memory last 4 open pages in a book.
5. Optimization sistsemnyh libraries.

For sensor devices:
1. A full handwritten notes in the books
2. A full-featured browser based on webkit

Google's translation of new features:

Implemented
1. The updated library
2. Handwritten notes in all the reader
3. Go to the last open pages
4. Multitasking - the Task Manager is available in the express menu or after clicking the status bar
5. Ability to turn off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi in the status bar (for devices with touch input).
6. The new web browser (QT)

Fixed
1. Saving your settings for the book fbreader
2. Displays the main menu instead of the last open book
3. Error when switching between profiles
4. Saving your settings when you exit the menu by pressing the Home
5. Navigating pages using a stylus in the active content in landscape orientation
6. Font smoothing in the "High Speed" in full screen update (fbreader)
7. Residual underscore after clicking on the link (fbreader)
8. Error when you connect A2DP-devices
9. Saving Bluetooth PIN for A2DP-devices
10. Speech reproduction through A2DP-device
11. The resumption of playing music through A2DP-device after removal from the pause
12. Resumption of A2DP-connect after the forced disconnect (for example, when returning to the zone of visibility of the device)
13. Accelerated the transition between menu items
adam l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 02:50 PM   #2
adam l
adam l began at the beginning.

Device: PB 603
Errata:

Many people say that they get errors after they apply the update

they have problems with restoring any working version at all so don't hurry
adam l is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2011, 04:56 PM   #3
Shinra tensei
Connoisseur
Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.

Device: Sony DPT-s1, Pocketbook 903, Onyx M90, iPad 4
It seems that there are a lot of good and interesting thing...
finally handwriting (i think for all format, not just epub), a very useful thing like multitasking... i'm very curious to try this new firmware. I hope that a fixed one can be available soon..
Shinra tensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 05:01 PM   #4
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam l View Post
Errata:

Many people say that they get errors after they apply the update

they have problems with restoring any working version at all so don't hurry
This is very reasonable piece of advice - not to hurry with new upgrades of firmware... In the best case scenario, I would make the back-up of all my books first, make sure that I have the current fw handy somewhere and then would upgrade to the new beta version. If it works - it works for you, if it doesn't - go back to the your current firmware.
Oh, also, don't forget to de-activate your device from ADE before upgrading, because you may encounter the problem with reading your ADE books, and then activate your reader again with new fw.

Good luck!
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 03:20 PM   #5
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
I've just peeked on the Russian forum, and the stable version should be out next Monday - the feeling I got is that things are actually moving for real over there, just hope I'm not wrong!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2011, 04:52 PM   #6
jekvb
Connoisseur
jekvb has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PocketBook Inkpad 3 Pro; Android: PocketBook & ReadEra
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
I've just peeked on the Russian forum, and the stable version should be out next Monday - the feeling I got is that things are actually moving for real over there, just hope I'm not wrong!
Thanks for the reminder.
jekvb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 02:55 PM   #7
shuni
shuni began at the beginning.

Device: 903
any update on stable firmware?

i very much appreciate the link to russian board about firmware where this is discussed-thankyou

Last edited by shuni; 10-02-2011 at 02:59 PM.
shuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 05:20 PM   #8
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

they still insist the "release candidate" (i.e. post alpha and beta testing) should be out tomorrow - if it does, it will be the first time in a very long time that they have said something and actually delivered on it - in which case I might even start being hopeful again
Old 10-03-2011, 04:18 AM   #9
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
The RC is out and available for all "official" Beta-testers, but I signed not to release anything, so put your hopes on the GIK
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:11 AM   #10
paola
Wizard

and we "commoners" can in fact get it from here (I think LIBRI is the European/US version) :
http://translate.googleusercontent.c...mHvFZ66uC3JjaQ

Troll one question, as google translate is not very helpful. When they say
Quote:
Attention!
After flashing the device to version 2.1.2 you must connect the device to your PC in a folder and delete the file system explorer.
do you know what it means in english
Old 10-03-2011, 09:59 AM   #11
m@rcus
m@rcus has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.m@rcus has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.m@rcus has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903
Hey paola - translation is almost good. Should be

After flashing the device to version 2.1.2 you must connect the device to your PC and in folder system delete the file explorer.
m@rcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:00 AM   #12
osowiecki
Connoisseur
osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ASUS eee Note / Nook Touch
Link to LIBRI version :

http://download.pocketbook-int.com/f...libri_user.zip
osowiecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:14 AM   #13
Shinra tensei
Connoisseur
Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.

There is handwritten notes application... but adobe reader doesn't work.

Last edited by Shinra tensei; 10-03-2011 at 10:45 AM.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:26 PM   #14
osowiecki
Connoisseur
osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ASUS eee Note / Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinra tensei View Post
There is handwritten notes application... but adobe reader doesn't work.
What do you mean?
My Adobe viewer works just fine.
I have upgraded from 2.1.2 beta.
osowiecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:24 PM   #15
Shinra tensei
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by osowiecki View Post
What do you mean?
My Adobe viewer works just fine.
I have upgraded from 2.1.2 beta.
I dunno... i have upgraded with LIBRI firware from your previous link, and AdobeViewer for pdf files (and epub files) doesn't work. It cannot open pdf and epub files.

Handwritten notes doesn't still work for Djvu files. Multitasking works very well (it's really fast).

Last edited by Shinra tensei; 10-03-2011 at 01:31 PM.