Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-02-2018, 01:15 PM   #1
flensrowi
flensrowi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis2, Basic Kindle 10th Gen, Pocketbook Touch Lux
remove AT&T lock (use PRS-900 with different SIM)

I just got my PRS-900 from eBay. Everything works fine besides the wireless connection. There's no SIM inside and as I'm in Germany the AT&T SIM wouldn't be useful at all.

I tried my SIMs but none is recognised. So I guss there's SIM/Net lock active. Is there any way to use a non AT&T SIM with the PRS-900?
flensrowi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 02:13 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Given that the 900 was US only, I doubt it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2018, 04:25 PM   #3
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by flensrowi View Post
I just got my PRS-900 from eBay. Everything works fine besides the wireless connection. There's no SIM inside and as I'm in Germany the AT&T SIM wouldn't be useful at all.

I tried my SIMs but none is recognised. So I guss there's SIM/Net lock active. Is there any way to use a non AT&T SIM with the PRS-900?
As far as I can tell, the only thing you can do with the 3G network on the 900 is go to the Sony Store anyhow, which has been closed for a few years now. When I try to go to the Sony Store I get the circling dots than a "No Network" message.

It's possible I'm missing something, however.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 07:55 PM   #4
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
I can't get anywhere with the 3G on my 900 either.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 07:52 AM   #5
flensrowi
flensrowi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis2, Basic Kindle 10th Gen, Pocketbook Touch Lux
thx, I guess I'll stay with USB then :-)
flensrowi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert