Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2015, 04:29 AM   #31
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Box set of three books on crochet, currently free at Amazon US (but not UK)
http://www.amazon.com/Crochet-Comple...=susan+wilters
Old 01-18-2015, 07:43 AM   #32
Dngrsone
Almost legible
Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy Tab A (2017), Likebook P78
Hm... I'm seeing it as $7.99
Advert
Old 01-18-2015, 10:09 AM   #33
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dngrsone View Post
Same here.
Old 01-18-2015, 10:24 AM   #34
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wearever View Post
Ditto That ! I'll let them borrow the book when I'm done with the fortress. Just to show I'm still being neighborly
I'm preparing for the zombie apocalypse.
Old 01-18-2015, 10:48 AM   #35
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Awesome find, to me at least. To get it free is even better! Thanks! We've got some great ebook-deal finders in this forum.

Two negatives: the book just covers fortifications and building technology in Europe, and that just from about the Middle Ages. Secondly, there is no table of contents, or index that I could find. And, in the Kindle Cloud Reader, at least, the "book is not yet enabled for searching." Neither of these mitigate what I said in the first sentence of this post!
There is a standard Kindle TOC via the usual GoTo menu.

There is also quite a lot about the Romans, see the image of a Roman march camp at loc 201 (from Masada, Israel - preserved in the desert) and of course many European towns started from Roman military roots.

Search worked on my Fire and when I tapped on the image above "Video..." at the beginning I was taken to YouTube !
Advert
Old 01-18-2015, 11:20 AM   #36
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dngrsone View Post
It may have expired. I couldn't see the US price, but was told about it by a friend. Sorry
Old 01-18-2015, 12:44 PM   #37
Dngrsone
Almost legible
Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy Tab A (2017), Likebook P78
Quote:
Originally Posted by avantman42 View Post
It may have expired. I couldn't see the US price, but was told about it by a friend. Sorry
No worries; thought it would be a nice thing for Dngrswife. Thanks for the link anyhow.
Old 01-18-2015, 04:27 PM   #38
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little.Egret View Post
There is a standard Kindle TOC via the usual GoTo menu.

There is also quite a lot about the Romans, see the image of a Roman march camp at loc 201 (from Masada, Israel - preserved in the desert) and of course many European towns started from Roman military roots.

Search worked on my Fire and when I tapped on the image above "Video..." at the beginning I was taken to YouTube !
Genuine thanks for the corrections.

I based my observations on a pretty cursory examination of the book. Dangerous thing to do. I'm glad to know that search works on Fire. I could only speak for search on Kindle Cloud Reader as that is the only one that I tried. I have Kindle (the most basic one--I hate it, I don't use it) and Kindle for PC (not installed on this standby/backup computer that I'm having to use at the moment), but my test was limited to the Cloud Player.

A great book is even better than I thought!
Old 01-19-2015, 10:43 AM   #39
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Genuine thanks for the corrections.
{...}
at the moment), but my test was limited to the Cloud Player.

A great book is even better than I thought!
I tried the book on Cloud Reader (once I discovered 'read now') and saw the TOC was greyed out - don't know why.

The images look good on a big screen though.
Old 01-19-2015, 10:46 AM   #40
Little.Egret
Wizard

Endeavour Press

The Last King of Poland by Adam Zamoyski

Biography.

One night in December 1755, Stanisław Antoni Poniatowski, the twenty-three-year-old secretary to the British Ambassador in St Petersburg, was introduced into the bedroom of the Grand Duchess Catherine Alekseyevna. This marked the beginning of a torrid and clandestine affair which led to Stanisław being crowned King of Poland in 1764. This marked the beginning of a torrid and clandestine affair which led to Stanis³aw being crowned King of Poland in 1764.

The young king was a dashing figure in the finest eighteenth-century tradition. He was a perfect illustration of the contradictions of Europe's ideological and religious viewpoints: he worshipped reason but was led by the heart; professed Catholicism but believed in Providence; toyed with the occult and practised freemasonry.

Count Adam Stefan Zamoyski is a historian and a member of the ancient Zamoyski family of Polish nobility. His books include `The Forgotten Few', `Holy Madness: Romantics, Patriots and Revolutionaries', and `Paderewski'.

Oops

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PY0JJG2/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00PY0JJG2/
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00PY0JJG2/

Last edited by Little.Egret; 01-19-2015 at 03:07 PM. Reason: add url
Old 01-19-2015, 12:43 PM   #41
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
Little Egret, any chance of a link? Tia
Old 01-19-2015, 01:32 PM   #42
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little.Egret View Post
Endeavour Press

The Last King of Poland by Adam Zamoyski

Biography.

One night in December 1755, Stanisław Antoni Poniatowski, the twenty-three-year-old secretary to the British Ambassador in St Petersburg, was introduced into the bedroom of the Grand Duchess Catherine Alekseyevna. This marked the beginning of a torrid and clandestine affair which led to Stanisław being crowned King of Poland in 1764. This marked the beginning of a torrid and clandestine affair which led to Stanis³aw being crowned King of Poland in 1764.

The young king was a dashing figure in the finest eighteenth-century tradition. He was a perfect illustration of the contradictions of Europe's ideological and religious viewpoints: he worshipped reason but was led by the heart; professed Catholicism but believed in Providence; toyed with the occult and practised freemasonry.

Count Adam Stefan Zamoyski is a historian and a member of the ancient Zamoyski family of Polish nobility. His books include `The Forgotten Few', `Holy Madness: Romantics, Patriots and Revolutionaries', and `Paderewski'.
http://www.amazon.com/Last-King-Pola...1692243&sr=1-1
Old 01-19-2015, 09:51 PM   #43
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Weight Loss Without Dieting Book--Highly Rated and Marked W A Y Down

This is not really a cookbook, that's the reason that I'm putting this post here and not in the cookbooks thread.

I'm usually naturally skeptical when it comes to believing in the value of books about losing weight, but I feel differently about this book. For one thing the author is a neuroscientist, in addition to being a food writer. Too, the ratings are very high (4 1/2 stars) and the reviews stellar. It doesn't hurt my opinion of the book any, either, that this big book (341 pages) is marked down 92%--from $12.74 to just $0.99!

Foodist: Using Real Food and Real Science to Lose Weight Without Dieting. By Darya Pino Rose. Rated 4 1/2 stars from 90 reviews at the present moment. Print list price $27.99; digital regular price $12.74; Kindle price now $0.99. HarperCollins Publishers, publisher. 341 pages. http://www.amazon.com/Foodist-Scienc...ithout+Dieting.

Book Description
In Foodist, Darya Pino Rose, a neuroscientist, food writer, and the creator of SummerTomato.com, delivers a savvy, practical guide to ending the diet cycle and discovering lasting weight-loss through the love of food and the fundamentals of science.

A foodist simply has a different way of looking at food, and makes decisions with a clear understanding of how to optimize health and happiness. Foodist is a new approach to healthy eating that focuses on what you like to eat, rather than what you should or shouldn’t eat, while teaching you how to make good decisions, backed up by an understanding of what it means to live a healthy lifestyle.

Foodist: Using Real Food and Real Science to Lose Weight Without Dieting is filled with tips on food shopping, food prep, cooking, and how to pick the right restaurants and make smart menu choices.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 01-20-2015 at 04:16 AM.
Old 01-19-2015, 11:15 PM   #44
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Biography of a Very Interesting Person, at a Great Price

I didn't even know who the subject of this book (Hunter S. Thompson) was. I did a little research and found that he's a pretty "colorful" character. Among other things, he is credited with starting something called "Gonzo journalism." I thought that this book would be a good one to post, especially with the great markdown on it in effect now.

When The Going Gets Weird - The twisted life and times of Hunter S. Thompson. By Peter O. Whitmer. Rated 4 stars, from 12 reviews at the present moment. Dead-tree format: not available; digital list price $6.99; Kindle price now $0.99. POW, publisher. 335 pages. http://www.amazon.com/When-Going-Get...er+S.+Thompson.

Book Description
The only cradle-to-grave biography of the founding Father of Gonzo - the lifestyle, the journalism, the maddness [sic] of it all, the mytho-poetic abstraction that was, is, and always will be: Hunter S. Thompson. (From ereaderiq.com).
Old 01-20-2015, 03:04 AM   #45
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Hunter S. Thompson is a God!
Closed Thread