Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-09-2011, 09:03 PM   #46
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by juxtapose View Post
Do you think they might have fans because their site looks good? Is well designed and has lots of interesting articles on the e-reader industry? Like i said, i read 3 or 4 blogs on a daily basis, and see no evidence that any of them are wrapped up into anything shady. Also from reading their blog and listening to online radio I always hear them on vancouver based radio shows and their even on Global TV. Why would any of those companies let them on if more people then just you thought they were a pirate?
So what? Just because a lot of people are taken in by the conjob doesn't mean it's not a conjob.

I caught them committing commercial piracy (twice) and lying about it. That will naturally affect how I view them. If you can't accept that then please go away.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:51 PM   #47
juxtapose
Banned
juxtapose rocks like Gibraltar!juxtapose rocks like Gibraltar!juxtapose rocks like Gibraltar!juxtapose rocks like Gibraltar!juxtapose rocks like Gibraltar!juxtapose rocks like Gibraltar!juxtapose rocks like Gibraltar!juxtapose rocks like Gibraltar!juxtapose rocks like Gibraltar!juxtapose rocks like Gibraltar!juxtapose rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: tons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
So what? Just because a lot of people are taken in by the conjob doesn't mean it's not a conjob.

I caught them committing commercial piracy (twice) and lying about it. That will naturally affect how I view them. If you can't accept that then please go away.
juxtapose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2011, 09:57 PM   #48
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juxtapose View Post
[]http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/695_tinfoilhat.jpg[/]

This is your first and last warning. We expect civil behavior here at MobileRead.

You have given ample reason in your past posts to deserve a ban. The only reason i have not yet done so is that we have a rule that you are supposed to receive a warning first. (That, and I thought we might get past this and you would be civil. My mistake.)

Guess what i just learned? You are a sockpuppet for Goodereader.com. Bye-bye now.

If anyone wants proof, please see the attached image. This member visited from the same IP address as that blog.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	juxtapose.jpg
Views:	707
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	75339  

Last edited by Nate the great; 08-09-2011 at 10:06 PM.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:00 PM   #49
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
This is your first and last warning. We expect civil behavior here at MobileRead.

You have given ample reason in your past posts to deserve a ban. The only reason i have not yet done so is that we have a rule that you are supposed to receive a warning first. (That, and I thought we might get past this and you would be civil. My mistake.)
That picture is a good enough reason for a ban.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:30 AM   #50
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
Quote:

You have given ample reason in your past posts to deserve a ban. The only reason i have not yet done so is that we have a rule that you are supposed to receive a warning first. (That, and I thought we might get past this and you would be civil. My mistake.)[/strike]

Guess what i just learned? You are a sockpuppet for Goodereader.com. Bye-bye now.

If anyone wants proof, please see the attached image. This member visited from the same IP address as that blog.
Didnt juxtapose already admit to frequenting goodreader as well as this site??? So of course his ip address will be threre. Maybe Im missing something but I dont see how visiting goodreader makes him a sockpuppet.
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2011, 10:49 AM   #51
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1988 View Post
Didnt juxtapose already admit to frequenting goodreader as well as this site??? So of course his ip address will be threre. Maybe Im missing something but I dont see how visiting goodreader makes him a sockpuppet.

His IP address didn't show up at both places - his IP address is the same as the blog's address.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:52 AM   #52
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
His IP address didn't show up at both places - his IP address is the same as the blog's address.
Ahhh gotcha.
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:56 AM   #53
pietro
Enthusiast
pietro began at the beginning.

Device: prs-t1, kobo auraHD
how do you see the IP address?

Just curious - how can you see the IP address of someone who posts in this forum?
pietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:00 AM   #54
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietro View Post
Just curious - how can you see the IP address of someone who posts in this forum?
There's an admin page where the staff can check for technical stuff like that. most websites have something like it.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:19 PM   #55
worxland
Connoisseur
worxland began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, Paperwhite
Quote:
There's an admin page where the staff can check for technical stuff like that. most websites have something like it.
As always, do not mess with the sysadm

worxland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:45 PM   #56
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Nate, the fact that they're chasing you around the Internet only makes your case against them stronger.

Even if you were wrong about them, the attempted bullying makes anything they say suspect and makes anything you say have more weight.

So that's a big backfire.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:50 PM   #57
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Right or wrong, you guys are derailing this thread big time...
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:02 PM   #58
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
My opinion is that if the T1 is Android and it gets rooted, it'll be better then a rooted nook.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:08 AM   #59
readingglasses
Zealot
readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.

Device: (prospective) kobo touch
vxf, do you know the origin of your avatar? That's quite an amusing and catchy pic and it seems popular on the net. But I'm wondering if there's an artist who made more of them.
readingglasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:28 AM   #60
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
My opinion is that if the T1 is Android and it gets rooted, it'll be better then a rooted nook.
Better how? What could you do on a rooted Sony eReader that you couldn't do on a different rooted Android eInk reader, like the nook STR?

Last edited by afv011; 08-11-2011 at 01:28 AM. Reason: Typo
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote