Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 01-27-2018, 10:41 AM   #1
csridharbasis
csridharbasis began at the beginning.

Device: none
Displaying more space between words after justify

I've attached the screenshots.
When checking the ePub/mobi version, displaying more space between words after justify it. I need equally distribute the space between each and every word in this file.
Will anyone give solution for this issue by providing either option or Html code?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre 1.JPG
Views:	198
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	161867   Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre 2.JPG
Views:	201
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	161868  
csridharbasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 12:05 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by csridharbasis View Post
I've attached the screenshots.
When checking the ePub/mobi version, displaying more space between words after justify it. I need equally distribute the space between each and every word in this file.
Will anyone give solution for this issue by providing either option or Html code?

Thanks
Turn Justify OFF (ragged right).
Most HTML render engines do not support TYPESETTING rules (letter spacing), therefor all justification is done with the whitespace.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 12:09 PM   #3
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
There is no possible "solution". All current ebook rendering engines accomplish "justification" ("full justification" in conventional typesetting jargon) by word spacing only. They do not do any letterspacing, either line-by-line or global, to aid in accomplishing uniform line lengths. Even if they did support letterspacing it would result in perfectly uniform word spacing.

If you find such uneven word spacing odious then consider using left justification (text-align: left in CSS) with LTR languages and right justification with RTL languages. Some reading readers allow for hyphenation. When this is available it can reduce the severity of the uneven spacing but will not completely eliminate the issue.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 12:38 PM   #4
csridharbasis
csridharbasis began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks for quick reply.
Will you give code/functionality for hyphenation?
csridharbasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 01:11 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by csridharbasis View Post
Thanks for quick reply.
Will you give code/functionality for hyphenation?
hyphenate this plugin
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 05:16 PM   #6
deback
Book E d i t o r
deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Laptop
The hyphenation plugin or any CSS code for hyphenation will not solve the problem with justifying the text. Your examples show no hyphenation, so doing anything with hyphens would be a waste of time.

I prefer having the text even on both side margins (justified) and can't stand reading a book with a ragged right margin. It's something that is very easy to get used to (having a little white space between some of the longer words now and then), unless you don't mind the ragged right side. Justifying the text only results in a little white space once in a while, and it's not like you'll see it on every line.
deback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 12:33 AM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by deback View Post
The hyphenation plugin or any CSS code for hyphenation will not solve the problem with justifying the text. Your examples show no hyphenation, so doing anything with hyphens would be a waste of time.
This is somewhat incorrect. The example doesn't need to show any hyphenation. I have never used the hyphenation plugin. I always use left justification to avoid the large gaps that full justification often produces. I use Moon + Reader Pro. If I go into settings and select Hyphenation and Justification I get a book that if fully justified and has hyphens that provide for even space distribution between words. So it may depend on how the device he reads on is setup and what feature set the device has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deback View Post
Justifying the text only results in a little white space once in a while, and it's not like you'll see it on every line.
I am older and prefer not to use my reading glasses in bed so I often have larger than "normal" font sizes selected. Large font sizes when fully justified cause even larger gaps and it is very annoying to me. If I had smaller font sizes I might find full justification suitable. As it is with hyphenation and justification on it does make for a decently smooth reading experience. But I think I'll just leave it left justified since old habits are hard to break.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote