Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-27-2013, 05:50 PM   #646
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by simond View Post
You're not the only one, my Aura feels quite a bit faster than my Glo. I have noticed that it seems to ghost slightly more though.
And I must say it feels quite a bit faster than my KPW. I know that's not an entirely fair comparison in that I don't think they use the same processor, but it's a data point nonetheless.
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:20 PM   #647
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
I wonder if some of you actually ever get around to enjoying the books.
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:07 AM   #648
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by david_e View Post
Heh. I wonder the same thing. I wonder if these people realize that they represent 0.001% of the readership.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:33 AM   #649
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
I actually try to read a lot and not worry about issues. So what if I get 20% less characters on the page due to margin sizes, or fonts don't show perfectly. It's the words damnit; they're the important stuff; the looks are secondary
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:51 AM   #650
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
I've read one entire book on the Aura since I got it yesterday, that enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
Heh. I wonder the same thing. I wonder if these people realize that they represent 0.001% of the readership.
What difference does that make?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
It's the words damnit; they're the important stuff; the looks are secondary
Except if the looks distract from concentrating on those words. The widows and orphans thing definitely does for me. I'm getting used to the normal 3/8" space at the bottom.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:41 AM   #651
Feher
Addict
Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92; Onyx Boox i86ML; Kobo Aura H2O; Dasung Paperlike
Quote:
When one starts reading, they would enjoy definitely.
But it hurts every time when one looks at these distracting bugs especially when they can be fixed so easily.

Useless computer games are going into 3D and here we are struggling with simple layout of text

Last edited by Feher; 04-28-2013 at 01:54 AM.
Feher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:59 AM   #652
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I've read one entire book on the Aura since I got it yesterday, that enough?
Absolutely not!

Quote:
What difference does that make?
To me, none at all. I'm not judging any of you, I'm just slightly intrigued by what motivates the behavior.

And I've got nothing much to do until mine gets here, hopefully on Monday.
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:11 AM   #653
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
For heaven's sake Jon, give it up.
What does it matter?
I agree. He needs a hobby.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:34 AM   #654
Frankr
Zealot
Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EzReader, Sony 650, Kindle 5, Onyx i62HD, Kobo Aura HD
I got mine yesterday. I would love it except the display has a few very bright spots that are very distracting when the light is on.
Frankr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:44 AM   #655
BWinmill
Nameless Being

Quote:
Except if the looks distract from concentrating on those words.
I doubt that anyone would argue with that, but there is an issue of degree. Kobo readers have paragraph bugs that can leave a huge chunk of the screen blank. By that I mean there is several centimetres more blanks space than there should be for widows and orphans. I can see that as being a little bit distracting, since it can interfere with the flow of reading. Fretting about the footer and 1 to 2 cm variation on top of that seems a bit excessive though.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:49 AM   #656
BWinmill
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feher View Post
Useless computer games are going into 3D and here we are struggling with simple layout of text
I've been noticing that sort of thing a lot lately: tremendously sophisticated software was produced in the past, yet modern developers seem to be unable to replicate that even with vastly more comprehensive libraries doing most of the heavy lifting.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:29 AM   #657
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankr View Post
I got mine yesterday. I would love it except the display has a few very bright spots that are very distracting when the light is on.

Maybe you can supply a photo on that?

That appears to be out of the ordinary from what I've been reading on the different threads here.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:29 AM   #658
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Getting the font and margins how you want them can be very important to the reading experience. That is one reason why I am getting a Kobo, to see if it will suit my needs. I've got my kindles (hacked) right where I want them, my Sony, no. So if the Kobo can do better, the Sony goes bye bye.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:31 AM   #659
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWinmill View Post
I doubt that anyone would argue with that, but there is an issue of degree. Kobo readers have paragraph bugs that can leave a huge chunk of the screen blank. By that I mean there is several centimetres more blanks space than there should be for widows and orphans. I can see that as being a little bit distracting, since it can interfere with the flow of reading. Fretting about the footer and 1 to 2 cm variation on top of that seems a bit excessive though.

In my experience with the Kobo Glo, that seems to happen much, much less so now that 2.5.1 has rolled out. (In fact, I can't remember seeing this happen in quite some time now.)

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:12 AM   #660
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Dear Author has a review of the Aura (he didn't like the Paperwhite, and is coming from a Kindle Touch).

He quite likes the Aura, but says that it treats side loaded books differently than it treats books downloaded directly from Kobo.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote