Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-22-2012, 01:33 PM   #1
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Public domain ePub with endnotes.

I need some ePubs with end notes. I would like them to be public domain in the U.S. If they are available on Mobile Read, that would be nice.

Anyone know of any?

Thanks.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:30 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
You just like reading footnotes? Or you're looking for examples of how they're handled?

Either way, one that I put together and posted is polluted with endnotes.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2012, 02:50 PM   #3
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You got me. I have a end note fetish.

I want to see how my Kobo Touch handles them (it didn't do so well with end notes in a Discworld ebook).

Thanks.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:53 PM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Ah... I'd be interested in how they end up performing then!
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:24 AM   #5
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
I've had problems with links in one of my eBooks in a Kobo, and Kobo help just says that they do not offer help with third party ebooks. How do other links work in your Kobo?

Another one to try is Lorna Doone by R.D. Blackmore. Like DiapDealer I'd love to know how the links and footnotes work on your Kobo.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2012, 06:55 AM   #6
John F
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
I've had problems with links in one of my eBooks in a Kobo, and Kobo help just says that they do not offer help with third party ebooks. How do other links work in your Kobo?

Another one to try is Lorna Doone by R.D. Blackmore. Like DiapDealer I'd love to know how the links and footnotes work on your Kobo.
I just read a Pratchett/Discworld book and had problems with end notes. I wanted to find a public domain ePub so I could get other people's comments on problem's In the Kobo forum.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:40 AM   #7
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
You can try with The Master of Ballantrae by R.L. Stevenson, stored in the MR library. I has some endnotes with go-back links, so you don't need a history button.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:55 PM   #8
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Try Les Miserables, it doesn't have a ton of endnotes but it does have a good amount of them. I've used it one my Kobo without any trouble, so it would be interesting to see if yours reacts differently.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:09 AM   #9
John F
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post
Try Les Miserables, it doesn't have a ton of endnotes but it does have a good amount of them. I've used it one my Kobo without any trouble, so it would be interesting to see if yours reacts differently.
Les Miserables worked fine.

I tried the one I originally linked to, and the forward link "doesn't work", but the back link does.