Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-24-2021, 03:53 PM   #31
tryol
Warm Lighting Enthusiast
tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (jailbroken)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp12323 View Post
Post count for me I think, I joined 3 years ago but didn't post much, just lurked
Now that you mention that, I remember that one day suddenly I was able to edit all my previous posts out of nowhere... Something I couldn't do before that.

I think it was around 10-15 posts.

Last edited by tryol; 03-24-2021 at 03:56 PM.
tryol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 06:35 PM   #32
Free Radical
Free Radical began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Thanks guys. Worked successfully on my PW2 Serial 90D4 on FW 5.12.1
Free Radical is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2021, 08:10 PM   #33
lisica
lisica began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Hi everyone!

I have KPW2J (905A) running 5.12.2.1.1. Jailbreak was successful, but the JB Hotfix won't install. After copying the .bin file to the Kindle, "Update error - an invalid update has been loaded on your device" pops up and the update button is greyed out. Could it be my serial is not supported by the hotfix?

Thanks!
lisica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 08:35 PM   #34
tryol
Warm Lighting Enthusiast
tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisica View Post
Hi everyone!

I have KPW2J (905A) running 5.12.2.1.1. Jailbreak was successful, but the JB Hotfix won't install. After copying the .bin file to the Kindle, "Update error - an invalid update has been loaded on your device" pops up and the update button is greyed out. Could it be my serial is not supported by the hotfix?

Thanks!
Hey!

I should add this to the FAQ. This seems to be the only device / firmware combination that doesn't work with the hotfix. For some reason your Kindle thinks that it's older than your current one and deletes it. SKK and NiLuJe is trying to debug and fix the current hotfix version to work with it.

Thanks to SKK, I know that there is another version that should be fine with your device.
You can either wait until the "main" hotfix gets fixed, or give this one a try:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/at...6&d=1501804569

Let me know how it went if you chose the latter option!

Last edited by tryol; 03-24-2021 at 08:42 PM.
Old 03-24-2021, 08:45 PM   #35
lisica

It worked, thanks!

Is there anything I can do to help with fixing the hotfix? It sounds fun
Advert
Old 03-24-2021, 08:51 PM   #36
tryol
Warm Lighting Enthusiast

Quote:
It worked, thanks!

Is there anything I can do to help with fixing the hotfix? It sounds fun
I think they are already close to figuring out what's wrong with it, I'd be surprised if it didn't get fixed tomorrow. If we need somebody else to check / test stuff, I'll let you know, thanks for the offer!

Also thanks for reminding me that this is a thing. I have a feeling that if I went to sleep before adding this to the technical FAQ, by the time I wake up tomorrow this thread would have been spammed by "angry" PW2 5.12.2.1.1 users.
Old 03-24-2021, 08:59 PM   #37
lisica

I guess I'll have to wait for it to get fixed. 5.12.2 apparently doesn't have ;log, so I can't install KUAL since Update_KUALBooklet_hotfix_44a61b6_install.bin fails in the same way.
I actually had this Kindle for years, and it was jailbroken previously, but I decided to nuke everything since I had completely forgotten what I had done to it before. And it's kinda cool to see this new development on an 8 year old device, you are doing God's work here.

Last edited by lisica; 03-24-2021 at 09:02 PM.
Old 03-24-2021, 09:02 PM   #38
tryol
Warm Lighting Enthusiast

Quote:
I guess I'll have to wait for it to get fixed. 5.12.2 apparently doesn't have ;log, so I can't install KUAL since Update_KUALBooklet_hotfix_44a61b6_install.bin fails in the same way.
I actually had this Kindle for years, and it was jailbroken previously, but I decided to nuke everything since I had completely forgotten what I had done to it before.
I doubt the jailbreak hotfix has anything to do with that. As far as I know they are essentially the same.

Are you sure you used coplate's patched version? It's mentioned in the jailbreak index and the KUAL thread itself that any device running >= 5.9.x should use that.

https://storage.gra.cloud.ovh.net/v1...0200604.tar.xz
Old 03-24-2021, 09:10 PM   #39
tryol
Warm Lighting Enthusiast

Quote:
I guess I'll have to wait for it to get fixed. 5.12.2 apparently doesn't have ;log,
I missed this part. It should have ;log if you install MRPI. You can install both that and KUAL in one go.
You should extract MRPI to your usb root, put the coplate KUAL in the mrpackages folder and install it with ";log mrpi".
Old 03-24-2021, 09:11 PM   #40
lisica

What I meant is the installation through the update mechanism fails in the same way as with the hotfix (update error - invalid update file). I guess both the hotfix and KUAL use the same .bin file structrue which is rejected by the 5.12.2
Old 03-24-2021, 09:13 PM   #41
tryol
Warm Lighting Enthusiast

Quote:
What I meant is the installation through the update mechanism fails in the same way as with the hotfix (update error - invalid update file). I guess both the hotfix and KUAL use the same .bin file structrue which is rejected by the 5.12.2
Really? Even the patched version by coplate? The jb hotfix you've used was also made by them AFAIK, so that's interesting..
Old 03-24-2021, 09:17 PM   #42
lisica

Yep, Update_KUALBooklet_hotfix_44a61b6_install.bin to be precise.
Old 03-24-2021, 09:20 PM   #43
tryol
Warm Lighting Enthusiast

Quote:
Yep, Update_KUALBooklet_hotfix_44a61b6_install.bin to be precise.
Okay, that's good to know. Hopefully both can be fixed at the same time. I'll send you a PM when that happens!
Old 03-24-2021, 09:22 PM   #44
lisica

Thanks. Did some reading, this is coming from the KindleTool if it is responsible for creating update packages, right?
Old 03-24-2021, 09:24 PM   #45
tryol
Warm Lighting Enthusiast

Quote:
Thanks. Did some reading, this is coming from the KindleTool if it is responsible for creating update packages, right?
Sent you a PM. Even though I may or may not be farming posts to gain more message slots, I don't want this to take up half the thread.

Tags
5.13.3, exploit, jailbreak, kindle, kindlebreak