Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 11-24-2021, 06:52 AM   #46
ReadOnLinux
ReadOnLinux began at the beginning.

Device: tolino epos
The mentioned book can only be downloaded next month so I took the previous version and got the same result:
Quote:
$ ./utils/acsmdownloader -f ~/Downloads/URLLink.acsm -o x.pdf
Exception code : 0x5007
I downloaded the pdf book using ADE and did a "diff -a" between both files.
As I dont know, which private information are coded in the URLlink.acsm file I send it via a PM as well as the diff information.

The libgourou version I use is:
Quote:
$ egrep "VERSION.*[0-9.]+.*" include/*.h
include/libgourou.h:#define HOBBES_DEFAULT_VERSION "10.0.4"
include/libgourou.h:#define LIBGOUROU_VERSION "0.4.2"
$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description: Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS
Release: 20.04
Codename: focal
$ uname -r
5.4.0-90-generic
ReadOnLinux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 05:35 AM   #47
soutade
soutade reads XML... blindfoldedsoutade reads XML... blindfoldedsoutade reads XML... blindfoldedsoutade reads XML... blindfoldedsoutade reads XML... blindfoldedsoutade reads XML... blindfoldedsoutade reads XML... blindfoldedsoutade reads XML... blindfoldedsoutade reads XML... blindfoldedsoutade reads XML... blindfoldedsoutade reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Cybook Odyssey
Fixed in v0.4.3. Thanks for your report
soutade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 09:02 PM   #48
edent
Enthusiast
edent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Likebook Ares, Kindle 3G, Nook STR, 511eb
Here's one which doesn't work. https://archive.org/details/informationwarfa00denn
I logged in to the Internet Archive, borrowed the book for 14 days, ran acsmdownloader v0.4.4

The process took ages and didn't show any errors, when I tried to open the PDF, my reader asked me for a password.

The problem seems to occur with any PDF from https://archive.org/details/books?and[]=year%3A%222015%22&and[]=lending___status%3A%22available_to_borrow%22 - although the ePubs work fine.

Thanks for the incredibly helpful tool!
edent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 06:12 AM   #49
ReadOnLinux

If you download with acsmdownloader the pdf is DRM encrypted. If you try to open this file with a pdf-reader you will be asked for a password.
Have you tried to open the downloaded pdf file with a Adobe-DRM enabled pdf-Reader?
Old 12-06-2021, 01:15 PM   #50
edent
Enthusiast
edent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Likebook Ares, Kindle 3G, Nook STR, 511eb
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadOnLinux View Post
If you download with acsmdownloader the pdf is DRM encrypted. If you try to open this file with a pdf-reader you will be asked for a password.
Have you tried to open the downloaded pdf file with a Adobe-DRM enabled pdf-Reader?
I couldn't find a DRM enabled reader for Linux. I tried on my ebook and Android - and they both showed an error.
Are you able to download PDFs from the Internet Archive?
edent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 09:01 AM   #51
ReadOnLinux

Sorry, I have a Tolino epos SW-Version 15.2.0 that has been registered to Adobe DRM. As I normally use this tablet offline, I copy the downloaded pdf file into directory "Books", when the Tolino is connected via USB to my Linux Notebook. After disconnecting the USB port, the Tolino finds the new loaded books and the pdf file can be read.

I did not made an intensive google search for DRM enabled PDF readers on Linux. But I know that there is the possibility to run Adobe ADE (a Windows Program) under Linux using wine. I've heard about the possibility to use Calibre but have no experience/knowledge about that.
Old 12-20-2021, 03:46 AM   #52
soutade
soutade reads XML... blindfoldedsoutade reads XML... blindfoldedsoutade reads XML... blindfoldedsoutade reads XML... blindfoldedsoutade reads XML... blindfoldedsoutade reads XML... blindfoldedsoutade reads XML... blindfoldedsoutade reads XML... blindfoldedsoutade reads XML... blindfoldedsoutade reads XML... blindfoldedsoutade reads XML... blindfolded

Hello all,

I released a new version (v0.5) that (mainly) supports anonymous accounts and add a DRM removal utility. Hope you'll enjoy it ! All is available at http://indefero.soutade.fr/p/libgourou/
Old 12-20-2021, 04:40 PM   #53
Leseratte_10
Connoisseur
Leseratte_10 can read ebooks with the screen turned offLeseratte_10 can read ebooks with the screen turned offLeseratte_10 can read ebooks with the screen turned offLeseratte_10 can read ebooks with the screen turned offLeseratte_10 can read ebooks with the screen turned offLeseratte_10 can read ebooks with the screen turned offLeseratte_10 can read ebooks with the screen turned offLeseratte_10 can read ebooks with the screen turned offLeseratte_10 can read ebooks with the screen turned offLeseratte_10 can read ebooks with the screen turned offLeseratte_10 can read ebooks with the screen turned off

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3 Pro
I haven't tested it yet, but looking at the code this seems to have the same bug as https://github.com/apprenticeharper/...ls/issues/1828 :

When parsing the encryption.xml, you need to manually check for each entry if that's related to AdobeDRM or if that's something else (like font data). And after decryption, you should only delete the AdobeDRM entries from the encryption.xml, and only delete the whole file from the EPUB if it's empty (no other entries that aren't DRM).

Otherwise this breaks embedded obfuscated fonts (which are also included in the encryption.xml).
Leseratte_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 03:55 AM   #54
soutade

Thanks Leseratte. I was not aware about that kind of encryption. I'll update my code to check encryption algorithm value.
Old 12-30-2021, 04:23 PM   #55
ben4ever
ben4ever began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by soutade View Post
add a DRM removal utility
It seems that the adept_remove utility is not included in the downloadable archive. Could you please add it?
ben4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 03:30 PM   #56
soutade

Oups... Fixed in v0.5.1.