Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-30-2015, 04:09 AM   #1
BnK
BnK began at the beginning.

Device: None
PW3 jailbreak Quick question

Hey! Thinking about buying "the all new pw" which I presume is the pw3?

Anyway I want to know if it's "fully" jailbreakable and if it matters if it's with or without "special offers" when it's jailbroken?

New here so sorry I'm writing in the wrong section or asking extremely newbish questions

Thanks in advance!
BnK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 08:23 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moved to the Dev forum, where questions of this nature belong.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2015, 08:30 AM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by BnK View Post
Hey! Thinking about buying "the all new pw" which I presume is the pw3?

Anyway I want to know if it's "fully" jailbreakable and if it matters if it's with or without "special offers" when it's jailbroken?

New here so sorry I'm writing in the wrong section or asking extremely newbish questions

Thanks in advance!
That might be any one of three models.

But whatever model it is, you must (currently) use the serial port to jail break it.
Buying an older (used) touch screen model will not help, they have all been updated to the firmware version that requires using the serial jail break also.

"Special Offers" does not matter to the jail break.
But some add-ins, such as custom screensavers, do not work on the S.O. devices.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote