Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-18-2010, 03:10 PM   #1
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Kindle 3 firmware.

My Kindle is defect and the replacement will be coming at 11-21 january.
I got 2000 books/ some games/ one audiobook on it = 2,3 GB.
Last week I read Anna Karenina and my Kindle got stuck--slow pageturning and unstable. I deleted the book and got a new one from Feedbooks.

From that time on it went downhill with the Kindle. Although I had only loaded 6 or 7 more books, the Kindle complained of having not enough space (25 MB it said, I think) for searching my books. When I checked, I now had 3, 24 GB on the Kindle.

I deleted the games, audiobook and a hundred books or so and it went down to 2,88 GB, what I deleted after that; didn't change that figure.
I could read only the book I was in, couldn't go to ' home'. It also went spontaneously to Amazon.com.

I rebooted/restarted....didn't work.
Set to factory default......now it switched between Users Guide and Amazon.com. Couldn't re-register.

Phoned Amazon this morning; they re-registred it, but that didn't change a thing.
My PC still recognizes the Kindle, so I wonder if someone on the forum has an idea?
I would appreciate the help.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 06:45 AM   #2
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
If the Kindle still thinks it just has 25MB free maybe a chkdsk would help?
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2010, 08:08 AM   #3
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks; I'll try that one.
Old 11-19-2010, 01:26 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
A factory reset essentially destroy & recreates the vfat part, so that's a bit weird...
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 04:02 PM   #5
desertblues
Home for the moment

What bugged me is:

I never, ever tinkered with my Kindle as I liked to do with my iLiad.
I just loaded it with good books, some games, one audiobook. Well, 2000 books.

In hindsight: it was after the book Anna Karenina from Amazon that I bought and not my own converted epub that the Kindle started to deteriorate.

When it went unstable: why could it only switch between the book(after factorydefault the User Guide) and Amazon.com. Couldn't go to ' home'.
Advert
Old 11-20-2010, 05:21 PM   #6
desertblues
Home for the moment

Well; replacement coming, being shipped in one and a half day according to track&trace info: should be in The Netherlands already, waiting for customers clearance. BTW,at an almost unbelievable speed.

Going to wrap the defect Kindle up back to Amazon. Think I'll phone them to find out what was the matter with it. Am intrigued by its failure.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:13 PM   #7
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Very strange that it didn't go back to normal though after you had cleared it and then done a factory reset. Remember to leave around 100-150MB free just in case next time

If Amazon are paying attention to these trouble tickets and returns then hopefully they'll fix whatever problem it is in a future firmware update.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote