Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-31-2018, 05:38 PM   #1
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Search and Replace

Where can I find that part in the program?

I know that a template can be made to create the same results, but I don't want to create a template, I just want the choice to be available. This is to be used in a long text column. Just turn the appending comma into a /n

/n append

prepend /n
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 08:27 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
The code is in src/calibre/gui2/dialogs/metadata_bulk.py

However, you can do exactly what you want already, without templates, assuming you are using plain text long text columns. For example, the S&R in this screen capture appends the source column to the destination column, inserting a newline between the two.
Click image for larger version

Name:	append_mode.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	208.4 KB
ID:	164225

If you have an "appending comma" then you haven't unchecked the "Split result" checkbox.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2018, 07:53 PM   #3
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Thanks so much! Yes, I am doing long text to long text. I use the get file name plugin to document original file names - which often contain the source of the book (amazon books are listed as the ASIN number, while books downloaded from Smashwords all have "-" in the spaces with lower caps. Sometimes I have multiple copies of the same book from different sources and I want to keep track of all the names and formats. I wanted to copy and paste them all into a single column, but I couldn't get the line break.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote