Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-25-2018, 03:11 PM   #16
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
The reason why it does not appear to be available for the KA1LE is because they now seem to do more checks on the upgrade check.

https://api.kobobooks.com/1.0/Upgrad...81/beta/0.0/N0 -> 4.7.10364

https://api.kobobooks.com/1.0/Upgrad...a/4.7.10364/N0 -> 4.7.11073

I'll fix this later today by adding multiple layers to the checks based on the previous version.
I've fixed the upgrade check. The OP may want to update the first post by regenerating the bbcode to also include the KA1LE.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 05:01 PM   #17
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Here is the current affiliate availability for major affiliates for this version so far. Recently, bestbuyca seems to be the first one getting new versions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	affver_2018-05-25.png
Views:	563
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	164105  

Last edited by geek1011; 05-25-2018 at 05:06 PM.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2018, 09:01 PM   #18
KjellM
Connoisseur
KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo, Glo HD, Aura ONE
Problems With Update

My Kobo Glo HD updated yesterday, it went through the update process twice (!!), but it seems to be working okay, and is at firmware version 4.8.11073.

I connected my wife's Kobo Aura ONE to WiFi today and it attempted to do the update. However, it didn't work and it is stuck in an update loop. When it restarts after updating it is running 4.7.10413 (12/12/17). I checked before starting the update and it had been running version 4.8.10956.
KjellM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 09:08 PM   #19
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: kobo Aura One, Forma, Elipsa, Sage
Well this update to 4.8.11073 on my Aura one is not going well. I had previously allowed it to update to 4.8.10956 before it was pulled and patched it and it has been working fine for the last 3 weeks or so.

I saw today that 4.8.11073 is out and that Geoffr has posted the patches for it so I decided to update. Did all of my older devices first and they went as expected. Update my Aura One and it downloads the update on sync and installs it and restarts and low and behold it has gone back to 4.7.10413! Strange none of my other devices did this, oh well I will sync again and it downloads the update again and goes through the install and restart and again it is at 4.7.10413. It just keeps doing this, starts sync as soon as it restarts and downloads the update and asks to install now or later and after the install and restart it is still at 4.7.10413. It has done this 5 times! I am going to download the update manually and install it that way to get to 4.8.11073.

Edit: Manual install of 4.8.11073 worked fine and was able to patch it.

Last edited by jiminrussell; 05-26-2018 at 08:52 AM. Reason: update on manual install
jiminrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 11:47 PM   #20
Claude_C
Evangelist
Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra & Kindle Paperwhite 11th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by KjellM View Post

I connected my wife's Kobo Aura ONE to WiFi today and it attempted to do the update. However, it didn't work and it is stuck in an update loop. When it restarts after updating it is running 4.7.10413 (12/12/17). I checked before starting the update and it had been running version 4.8.10956.
Had the same problem with my Aura One. It kept asking me to update after a reboot. I finally hit the Cancel button. Then, I went to do a synch, and there was nothing else to download. Firmware is now at 4.7.10413 and like your wife Aura One it was at the latest firmware before the "update".

I wonder what should I do with this regression ? I always update OTA. Well most of the times. I don't remember when I last updated it manually.

EDIT : OK, I'm freaking stuck, here. I manually downloaded the firmware update. Unzip, put the content in the .kobo folder on the reader. It shutdown to update. But after a reboot, it was once again still at firmware 4.7.10413. So, I tried with the Kobo Desktop App. (I'm on MacOS.) The App downloaded an update. Nothing happened... I ejected my Kobo and then the update process began. Again, after a reboot, still at firmware 4.7.10413

EDIT 2 : I even reinitialized the Kobo. It went to the update process. Won't go further than firmware version 4.7.10413.

PS : The affiliate was bestbuyca After the reinitialization, it was change to KoboIndigo. I put it back to bestbuyca and the synch then showed an update. Went with the same update loop process... I tried to change the affiliate to kobo. But then there was no update showing up.

EDIT 3 : Success ! I side loaded the latest firmware and this time, it worked. Inside the zip file, there was first a Folder named "kobo-update-4" In that Folder was the usual files KoboRoot.tgz, manifest.md5sum and the "upgrade" Folder. This time, I just put those 3 in the .kobo Folder, not the "kobo-update-4". If it can help another noob...

Last edited by Claude_C; 05-26-2018 at 01:38 AM.
Claude_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2018, 06:50 AM   #21
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
Kobo doesn't release the updates to all affiliates immediately, so it's definitely possible that for the ones you used, the latest firmware available was still 4.7.10413. The device would check that the firmware installed didn't match (with the first 4.8 firmware being pulled and all) and that would trigger the "update".
The only person who updated via OTA in this thread so far used the "beta" affiliate, so that's a possibility for those that didn't sideload.
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 10:10 AM   #22
Mingyar
Connoisseur
Mingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Mini/Aura H2O/Aura One LE / Tea Inkpad 3
This latest firmware manually and successfully installed and patched on Aura H2O, Aura One and Aura One LE.
Mingyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 10:32 AM   #23
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathil View Post
Kobo doesn't release the updates to all affiliates immediately, so it's definitely possible that for the ones you used, the latest firmware available was still 4.7.10413. The device would check that the firmware installed didn't match (with the first 4.8 firmware being pulled and all) and that would trigger the "update".
The only person who updated via OTA in this thread so far used the "beta" affiliate, so that's a possibility for those that didn't sideload.
Mine updated OTA via bestbuyca the same day this thread was started.

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 12:55 PM   #24
Claude_C
Evangelist
Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra & Kindle Paperwhite 11th gen
Quote:
In my case, the affiliate was bestbuyca. The firmware was at 4.8.x from last April. After the OTA update, the firmware was back at 4.7.x Still on the bestbuyca affiliate. So far, the only thing I can think of, is that there was a problem only with Kobo Aura One and the way the firmware was packaged. See my earlier post.
Claude_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 05:57 PM   #25
Boneist
Enthusiast
Boneist doesn't litterBoneist doesn't litterBoneist doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Can anyone please tell me if the new firmware has fixed the bug where tapping on the whitespace at the bottom (except for the corners) didn’t turn the page as expected, instead it changes the progress display (page number / % progress / time left to read)?. This was occurring for me on the H2O; not sure if it was on other ereaders too.

I’m not holding my breath that it’ll be fixed, but I’ll probably just wait for it to auto-update if it isn’t, since that’s the only bug that I’ve noticed with 4.8.10956.
Boneist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 07:46 PM   #26
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneist View Post
Can anyone please tell me if the new firmware has fixed the bug where tapping on the whitespace at the bottom (except for the corners) didn’t turn the page as expected, instead it changes the progress display (page number / % progress / time left to read)?. This was occurring for me on the H2O; not sure if it was on other ereaders too.

I’m not holding my breath that it’ll be fixed, but I’ll probably just wait for it to auto-update if it isn’t, since that’s the only bug that I’ve noticed with 4.8.10956.

Still does it. As a workaround, you could change the page turn setting to Swiping - it works very well on all of the bottom part of the screen, progress display included.
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 09:09 PM   #27
mystika1
Addict
mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Air 2, , Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura H2Ov1, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Did you just use the "generic" firmware?
I used the mark 4 Touch C on my mini. So far, no problems.
mystika1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 11:58 PM   #28
ma678
Enthusiast
ma678 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
I had to update my Aura v1 manually because it hasn't got OTA for quite a few time.

Everything works well so far.
ma678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 06:16 AM   #29
catonroof
catonroof began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-900, iPad Mini, Kobo Aura One
Same here. My Aura One stuck in an updating loop, and only a manual update fixed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminrussell View Post
Well this update to 4.8.11073 on my Aura one is not going well.

I saw today that 4.8.11073 is out and that Geoffr has posted the patches for it so I decided to update. Did all of my older devices first and they went as expected. Update my Aura One and it downloads the update on sync and installs it and restarts and low and behold it has gone back to 4.7.10413! Strange none of my other devices did this, oh well I will sync again and it downloads the update again and goes through the install and restart and again it is at 4.7.10413. It just keeps doing this, starts sync as soon as it restarts and downloads the update and asks to install now or later and after the install and restart it is still at 4.7.10413. It has done this 5 times! I am going to download the update manually and install it that way to get to 4.8.11073.

Edit: Manual install of 4.8.11073 worked fine and was able to patch it.
catonroof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 08:49 AM   #30
Boneist
Enthusiast
Boneist doesn't litterBoneist doesn't litterBoneist doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Still does it. As a workaround, you could change the page turn setting to Swiping - it works very well on all of the bottom part of the screen, progress display included.
Thanks for letting me know. I’ve mentioned it to the Kobo Twitter team, who said they would pass it to the devs, but I didn’t think it would be high priority. Oh well.

As for swiping; I find that harder to do when holding the book from the bottom; I’m getting used to tapping in a different area and cycling through the progress display options when I hit the wrong spot! I hope they fix this soon, though.

It’s right about now that I really miss the physical buttons I had on my Sony PRS-T1! 😉
Boneist is offline   Reply With Quote