Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-19-2017, 11:30 AM   #16
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Whoops! Spoke too soon. It's definitely the PCLOS lib64xml2_2 (v2.9.7-1) package that's causing the issue. Hopefully they'll fix it soon. Arch's latest libxml2-2.9.7 doesn't suffer from it.

Quote:
I may give the standalone installer a try. Would it need upgrading at all though?
Yes. It doesn't use many system libraries, so anytime a new version of Sigil was released, you'd have to manually update it.

Another easier fix that I've verified will work is using the installer I created that only places a compatible version of libxml2 into your regular Sigil installation directory. I created it because there have been lot's of buggy versions of libxml2 that caused problems for Sigil (and other programs using webkit). There's a sticky thread on it too.

It should get you by until they update their libxml2 package.

This bug report looks relevant.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 11:33 AM   #17
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-novice View Post
Looking back at this,
libxml2 on PCLOS (2.7.1-1)? you found this version in Synaptic? I don't see it. These I see are installed among others

lib64xml2_2 ver 2.9.7-1
libxml2-python ver 2.9.7-1
lib64xml++2.6_2 ver 2.40.1-2
Typo. Sorry. lib64xml2_2 v2.9.7-1 is what I meant. Those other packages aren't used by Sigil.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 06:45 PM   #18
C-novice
ReadingZealot
C-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to behold

Device: kobo ARC, Samsung Tab4
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Whoops! Spoke too soon. It's definitely the PCLOS lib64xml2_2 (v2.9.7-1) package that's causing the issue. Hopefully they'll fix it soon. Arch's latest libxml2-2.9.7 doesn't suffer from it.

Yes. It doesn't use many system libraries, so anytime a new version of Sigil was released, you'd have to manually update it.

Another easier fix that I've verified will work is using the installer I created that only places a compatible version of libxml2 into your regular Sigil installation directory. I created it because there have been lot's of buggy versions of libxml2 that caused problems for Sigil (and other programs using webkit). There's a sticky thread on it too.

It should get you by until they update their libxml2 package.

This bug report looks relevant.
I'm glad you were able to see it; I was wondering if something may indeed be wrong with my computer.

Thanks for taking the time to figure this out and thanks for the alternative options. .
C-novice is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
invalid char, page error