Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-24-2015, 12:33 PM   #1
TheRealBev
TheRealBev began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 902
Desperately need battery for Pocketbook Pro 902

Where can I get a replacement battery for my Pocketbook Pro 902?

Supposedly you order them from Germany for $30 Euros, but after going around and around for a while I was informed that they can't ship lithium batteries -- I don't know whether that's only to the USA or to the world. The unit at this point requires 36 hours of charging for 8 hours of use.

I looked at a number of battery sources with no luck. Is there a solution to this problem? If not, the units must be regarded as disposable.

Thanks,
Bev
TheRealBev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 10:46 AM   #2
NorbertW
NorbertW is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.NorbertW is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.NorbertW is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.NorbertW is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.NorbertW is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.NorbertW is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.NorbertW is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.NorbertW is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.NorbertW is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.NorbertW is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.NorbertW is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Pocketbook pro 903
Barnes and Nobles

High,
for my Pocketbook pro 903 I tried the replacementbattery for the Barnes and Noble Type BNRB1530 with the dimensions of 66mm bei 54mm (Including the flap to fix it). The replacementpart has only 1250mA but fits perfect and works.
I found it at Amazon for about 19€ including shipment. But I do not know if the 902 uses the same type.
In the attachement is a picture und maybe You can check the dimensions (54mm with flap, 45mm without) and the location and polarity of the contacts
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Batterie.pdf (28.5 KB, 909 views)
NorbertW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 01:20 AM   #3
TheRealBev

Thanks, I'll check it out. It looks the same. The width without the tab is 45 mm.
Old 02-04-2016, 03:22 AM   #4
NorbertW
NorbertW is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.NorbertW is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.NorbertW is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.NorbertW is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.NorbertW is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.NorbertW is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.NorbertW is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.NorbertW is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.NorbertW is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.NorbertW is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.NorbertW is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Pocketbook pro 903
Charging problem

I had a problem with the Barnes and Nobles battery: the battery display did not work and the charging was not reliable. I investigated the old and the new battery and the two middle contacts seems to have different function. I insulated these contacts with a little piece of paper and now the battery display and the charging is working
NorbertW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 01:36 PM   #5
Pocketbookpro602
Pocketbookpro602 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 602
I've just arrived here and have a pocketbookpro 602 with a losing charge original battery i.e only 3 bars at the most and a Cameron Sino replacement that only allows the switch on routine before going to empty. It has been charged fully and have since found out that the CS battery only produces 3.72V while the original battery produces 4.08 V. The battery from the original HTC Touch will work in the pro perfectly but the inner case needs to be modified to fit i.e a bit needs to be cut out of the plastic as the contacts are offset. the battery charges and all the bars are full on the display and the reader works well.
Pocketbookpro602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 12:55 PM   #6
TheRealBev

We ultimately ordered from Germany -- they had to use a different carrier and it was ridiculously expensive, but the alternative was throwing the thing away.
Old 02-24-2017, 05:36 AM   #7
Pocketbookpro602

Modification to 602

The benefit of using the htc touch battery is that they can be bought for next to nothing on ebay instead of £10+ for a replacement that does not work properly.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:14 AM   #8
Pocketbookpro602

602 modification

Attached is a photo of the battery in position:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1091.JPG
Views:	1119
Size:	507.6 KB
ID:	155263  

Tags
pocketbook pro battery