Notices

Old 07-11-2018, 09:38 AM   #901
ganymede
Connoisseur
ganymede began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by YasBean View Post
The RP1 will not rotate based on orientation of the device, but will rotate the document to make best use of screen space. The update description said: “Automatic Page Rotation—pages from a document, book or article will automatically rotate as needed to optimize the reading experience.”
How can I force the page rotation?
ganymede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 05:48 AM   #902
grandnez
grandnez began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by YasBean View Post
The RP1 will not rotate based on orientation of the device, but will rotate the document to make best use of screen space. The update description said: “Automatic Page Rotation—pages from a document, book or article will automatically rotate as needed to optimize the reading experience.”
But salamon is right. I don't know what the update is supposed to do, but the Help Guide says:

Rotating documents
Rotate a document 90 degrees.
1 Tap anywhere on the screen of a document to display the tool bar.
2 Tap (option) in the upper right of the document screen — [Rotate].

I have never seen this [Rotate] option....and I miss it!
grandnez is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2018, 05:34 PM   #903
YasBean
Enthusiast
YasBean doesn't litterYasBean doesn't litter

Device: Sony RP1
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandnez View Post
But salamon is right. I don't know what the update is supposed to do, but the Help Guide says:

Rotating documents
Rotate a document 90 degrees.
1 Tap anywhere on the screen of a document to display the tool bar.
2 Tap (option) in the upper right of the document screen — [Rotate].

I have never seen this [Rotate] option....and I miss it!
There is no Rotate function. You can select "Two-Page Spread" if you want to change the display.
YasBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 04:31 AM   #904
mr.dave
mr.dave will become famous soon enoughmr.dave will become famous soon enoughmr.dave will become famous soon enoughmr.dave will become famous soon enoughmr.dave will become famous soon enoughmr.dave will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony dpt-rp1 (J)
Rotation or not. With the new software the device is almost perfect. Although pen recognition could be a little bit more precise, hey - iPhone connection & direct page access do it for me..
mr.dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 10:28 PM   #905
ReaderUser
ReaderUser began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 (Graphite), Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle DX Graphite
I think it would be helpful if I had two chargers for this device, instead of one.

Can I just buy any USB - MicroUSB cable and plug it into the Sony wall charger, and it should charge okay?
ReaderUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2018, 07:26 AM   #906
ghostwheel
Zealot
ghostwheel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DBoox Max,Galaxy note 10.1 & 3,LE1700 tablet,sony PRS-500,iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaderUser View Post
Can I just buy any USB - MicroUSB cable and plug it into the Sony wall charger, and it should charge okay?
Yes, it would.
ghostwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 07:58 AM   #907
Aesthete
Aesthete began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Not sure if it's a glitch or not, but Amazon currently has the 13" version for the same price as the 10" version ($599.99).
Aesthete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 01:56 PM   #908
DuckFOO
Enthusiast
DuckFOO herds cats with both ease and graceDuckFOO herds cats with both ease and graceDuckFOO herds cats with both ease and graceDuckFOO herds cats with both ease and graceDuckFOO herds cats with both ease and graceDuckFOO herds cats with both ease and graceDuckFOO herds cats with both ease and graceDuckFOO herds cats with both ease and graceDuckFOO herds cats with both ease and graceDuckFOO herds cats with both ease and graceDuckFOO herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesthete View Post
Not sure if it's a glitch or not, but Amazon currently has the 13" version for the same price as the 10" version ($599.99).
It's a sale:

https://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/20...r-599-100-off/
DuckFOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 09:49 AM   #909
EmilThelonius
Enthusiast
EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.

Device: Sony DPT-RP1 and Pocketbook Touch Lux 2 and Basic
Hi, is it possible to use the dpt only with the mobile app? With the initialization at first use? Or do I need a pc on the first start up? I go to the us next week and want to buy a rp1 there but I do not want to bring my laptop necessarily....
EmilThelonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 12:05 AM   #910
YasBean
Enthusiast
YasBean doesn't litterYasBean doesn't litter

Device: Sony RP1
It should be possible to download documents to the DPT with only the mobile app. Initialization does not require a PC.
YasBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 03:36 PM   #911
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
This blog says its software can make DPT-RP1 run android apps:

https://goodereader.com/blog/electro...n-android-apps
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 06:52 PM   #912
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post

Run, don't walk, screaming the other direction from any thought of dealing with them! I need only point you to their "failed" Indiegogo funded ereader where there are sill hundreds waiting for the device to ship 2+ years later (and apparently the few who got one were random luck and not even the early backers). There have been a number of negative comments deleted from the comments section there recently (and lots left to show you why you might not want to buy from them). Lots more that could be said about them, but this link to their Indiegogo project says enough.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/1...ader#/comments
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 02:46 AM   #913
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Thanks, I knew it, but there was, too. a chinese guy who cracked DPT-S1 and it seems it really worked
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 03:06 AM   #914
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post

Excellent find. Unfortunately it didn't answer the two only questions that matter to me.

1. Will it run OneNote Android version with full stylus support?

2. Can I open PDF files from Dropbox or OneDrive directly in the Sony PDF reader/annotator?
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 01:25 PM   #915
digiflash
Connoisseur
digiflash began at the beginning.

Device: DPT-RP1, DPT-S1, Pocketbook 912
I tried to download the "Digital Paper App for mobile" in the Play Store. Wasn't able to download. My device is not compatible. I tried 5.... FIVE.... android devices and none of them worked. Can someone extract the App of his android phone? I'm from Europe, so maybe this is an obstacle in order to download the App.
digiflash is offline   Reply With Quote