Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 08-05-2016, 10:49 PM   #136
Kyle Hall
Kyle Hall began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T62+
Apologies if this is a dumb question, but which image file should I flash for a Boyue T62+? I tried flashing the T62D_175rcl_Gonyx_S6mD1g image, but with that one my Boyue would simply not boot up ( it had an inkbook boot screen ). Next I tried flashing an older image I'd used previously on an Inkbook Obsidian. This one actually booted up, but the touch screen does not work with it. I was able to navigate through the setup using the hardware buttons, but still, touch is not working.

So can anyone point me to the correct img file for a Boyue 62+? I really loved using Gonyx on my Inkbook and I'd really like to keep running it.

Thanks!
Kyle Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 01:02 AM   #137
FOV
Connoisseur
FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MagicBook A6LHD
Firmware under Boyue T62D are normally loaded in A6LHD Carta, the sensor is working.
Conclusion: your device is not compatible with the firmware.

If you use firmware from Inkbook Obsidian, your device is not compatible with the firmware for Boyue T62D.

To flash the device through PC using RKBatchTool, if your device is not updated by the firmware 20 June 2016 from Boyue.

inkBOOK Onyx - Boyue T61D
inkBOOK Obsidian - Q6LHD, Energy eReader Pro HD

Uploaded:
Q6LHD_175rc1_Gonyx_S6mD1g.7z - with the Kernel from "inkBOOK Obsidian"
T63-AG_175rc1_Gonyx_S6mD1g.7z - with the Kernel & Media from "inkBOOK Obsidian"
T80_175rc1_Gonyx_S6mD1g.7z - for inkBOOK 8

Last edited by FOV; 08-06-2016 at 06:35 AM.
FOV is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2016, 06:51 AM   #138
Kyle Hall
Kyle Hall began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T62+
Thanks! I've got it working! I must admit the problem was the first time I tried to update to the latest img I just copied it over and let the Boyue install it. That did not work. After that I used RKBatchTool to install it and now it's working!

The only think that doesn't work is the hardware refresh button. Instead of refreshing the screen, it seems to be acting as an "enter" button. Is there any way to make it work as a refresh screen button again?

Anyway, thanks to you for making Gonyx, it's such a fantastic firmware!
Kyle Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 09:42 AM   #139
FOV
Connoisseur
FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The screen is refreshed on when you long hold of the button turning pages Back.
Menu - on when you long hold of the button turning pages Forward.
The backlights turn on when you long hold the button to "go Back". (On models T63 and T80)
The backlights turn on when you long hold the button "Refresh". (For models T61 - T62)
Old 08-06-2016, 07:32 PM   #140
plus
plus began at the beginning.

Device: k4nt, T63HD-JD
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOV View Post
The backlights turn on when you long hold the button to "go Back". (On models T63 and T80)
On T63, it's the same refresh button at the bottom.
plus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2016, 12:43 AM   #141
FOV
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by plus View Post
On T63, it's the same refresh button at the bottom.
- it works on the original firmware, but not in Onyx firmware, how it works in Onyx - I wrote above...
Old 08-10-2016, 03:32 AM   #142
bachvarov
bachvarov began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook Touch HD3
Energy Sistem Pro HD

FOV,

thanks for the great job providing a ROM for this device as well.

Overall it works well and is stable. There are a few issue:

- front light - there is no icon for the front light. The only way to turn it on is to start oreader and then go to the app options.
- Power button - long press does not bring up the power off/reboot etc. screen. It goes always to sleep. The only way to power off or restart is using the icon on the main screen. Sometimes after going to sleep, the power button becomes unresponsive and the reader has to be reset.
- fbreader does not recognize the hardware buttons (other readers like moon+ and coolreader do)
- Open the last read document setting does not work. It still starts in the main screen.

If these issues are fixed I would definitely recommend it over the original Energy Sistem rom.
bachvarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 05:28 AM   #143
FOV
Connoisseur

Quote:
front light
- regulated through in the status bar, tap on the clock and see for yourself.
Quote:
fbreader does not recognize the hardware buttons
- in the status bar, switch the "<>" in "+-" - then FBreader will use hardware buttons for turning pages.

Last edited by FOV; 08-10-2016 at 05:37 AM.
Old 08-11-2016, 04:54 AM   #144
bachvarov
bachvarov began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook Touch HD3
FOV,

thanks a lot. The power button is still bugging me. Actually 1 out of 10 times it shuts the reader down. May be that's why there is a shutdown icon on the main screen, as a work around for that issue.
bachvarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 02:56 PM   #145
4ezahernya
4ezahernya began at the beginning.

Device: inkbook 8
Hey guys, I just checked out T80_175rc1_Gonyx_S6mD1g.7z - for inkBOOK 8/icarus illumina xl/boyue t80, by FOV. uploaded here.
And here are some conclusions about that.

Pros.
- First of all, it works and quite stable.
- Recovery, power button, sensor - work just fine
- A2 mode works too
- fullscreen mode works for 3rd-party apps
- no touchscreen lags
- app switch\power menu in system bar
- volume control in status bar.

Cons.
- new books scanner doesn't work
- "<>" in "+-" does't make any sence since the device has no hardware keys.
there could be android settings unable to get in via app drawer.
- neoreader is hidden. one can access to it opening pdf in a file browser
- calc doesn't work
- gallery can't zoom images and there's no way to change lockscreen wallpaper there/
- just a little bloated, but you can remove stuff with root.

ps. default dpi setting for this firmware is 159, defailt one for inkbook8 is 240, but for this case i would recommend 210. (there's an app to do so inside).

in a nutshell, great job, FOV!
4ezahernya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 04:35 AM   #146
iakovl
Connoisseur
iakovl began at the beginning.

Device: none
Just got my t62+ in the mail
What rom to use

[Image violates Posting Guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

Sent from my SM-N920S using Tapatalk

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 08-23-2016 at 03:25 PM.
iakovl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 02:08 PM   #147
fonix232
Enthusiast
fonix232 doesn't litterfonix232 doesn't litter

Device: KOA4
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOV View Post
I am forced to abandon the use of extensible markup when SD card is emulated due to the Data section as in this embodiment, in OS Android appear the error message, when I mount SD card to PC.

What kind of error do you get? It is probably because you try to mount it via mass storage. If you only use internal memory and FUSE (emulated SD card), you need to use MTP.
fonix232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 02:48 AM   #148
FOV
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonix232 View Post
What kind of error do you get? It is probably because you try to mount it via mass storage. If you only use internal memory and FUSE (emulated SD card), you need to use MTP.
In the firmware the MTP mode is not working correctly with the SD card, otherwise you'll have to work with SD cards via ADB interface, but it is slow.
Old 08-18-2016, 09:27 AM   #149
iakovl
Connoisseur
iakovl began at the beginning.

Device: none
so... rom... boyue / A6LHD / Gonyx?
iakovl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 05:10 PM   #150
JNT
Connoisseur
JNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic something

Device: KT / K4NT / T62D / T68
Quote:
Originally Posted by iakovl View Post
Just got my t62+ in the mail
What rom to use
I guess it depends on what your preferences are. Since it is quite easy to flash any ROM, I tested all the ones looking interesting to me. I liked the Onyx Boox C67ML ROM, but since I could not get all the buttons to work as I preferred, I ended up putting the Energy Sistem Pro Plus ROM on my T62D (T62+). I am very happy with it.
JNT is offline   Reply With Quote