Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-12-2013, 04:25 PM   #1
gaarapt
gaarapt shares his or her toysgaarapt shares his or her toysgaarapt shares his or her toysgaarapt shares his or her toysgaarapt shares his or her toysgaarapt shares his or her toysgaarapt shares his or her toysgaarapt shares his or her toysgaarapt shares his or her toysgaarapt shares his or her toysgaarapt shares his or her toys

Device: Kobo Mini
Kobo Mini bricked

Hi all,

My kobo mini just bricked moments ago. It's stuck with the info that's connected to the PC and charging. I have tried the hard reset pinhole, hard reset pinhole + power off.

No luck

you guys have any sugestion? is there any tool to unbrick it?

when i plug the kobo on the USB, it says "ns blank codex" instaled (as a device).

Thank you in advance.
gaarapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:01 AM   #2
hecq
hecq began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
You can bring it back and get it replaced under warranty or you can find somebody to send you a clean image for the MicroSD card. Open your Kobo, remove the MicroSD and block copy the image to your MicroSD.
hecq is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2013, 08:39 AM   #3
gaarapt
gaarapt shares his or her toysgaarapt shares his or her toysgaarapt shares his or her toysgaarapt shares his or her toysgaarapt shares his or her toysgaarapt shares his or her toysgaarapt shares his or her toysgaarapt shares his or her toysgaarapt shares his or her toysgaarapt shares his or her toysgaarapt shares his or her toys

Ty for the reply.

So what you are telling me is that kobo mini has a micro SD card on it? That's inside the cover with screws, right?

I believe i have to adopt this solution since i don't have the reciept (that works as warranty in my country).

I'll search for the info you gave me. Ty again.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:21 PM   #4
hecq
hecq began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Yes, when you open it up, it has a slot with a microSD sitting inside. This is the storage of the Kobo that is partioned to hold the system, the userspace etc.

Hopefully someone will have a functional Mini to send you the image.

Or you could get one from a shop that allows returns, clone its microSD and bring it back. This will be frowned upon as it will cost money to the retailer you will be doing this to since an open box return sells for a lot less, if at all.
hecq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:22 AM   #5
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaarapt View Post
I believe i have to adopt this solution since i don't have the reciept (that works as warranty in my country).
You don't need a receipt with Kobo. The Mini is less than a year old so you still have warranty. If you contact help@kobobooks.com, they will organise a replacement for you.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2013, 07:14 AM   #6
gaarapt

Ty all for the response. I'm gonna have my kobo replaced by warranty. ^^