Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-02-2018, 04:53 AM   #916
grandnez
grandnez began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by digiflash View Post
I tried to download the "Digital Paper App for mobile" in the Play Store. Wasn't able to download. My device is not compatible. I tried 5.... FIVE.... android devices and none of them worked. Can someone extract the App of his android phone? I'm from Europe, so maybe this is an obstacle in order to download the App.
Hi, I had the same problem as you from Spain. Finally I got the app here:

https://apkpure.com/es/digital-paper...erAppForMobile
grandnez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 06:32 PM   #917
EmilThelonius
Enthusiast
EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.

Device: Sony DPT-RP1 and Pocketbook Touch Lux 2 and Basic
For everyone with an iPhone and a DPT: do not update to iOS 12 of you plan to use the mobile app. The App crashes on start up. I haven’t found a solution nor an official statement by Sony... but on the App Store there are a lot of complaints, so I am not the only one. If someone finds a solution it would be nice, if he/she could share it here – of course: if I find a solution I will post it here.
EmilThelonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 04:16 AM   #918
digiflash
Connoisseur
digiflash began at the beginning.

Device: DPT-RP1, DPT-S1, Pocketbook 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandnez View Post

Thank you! I always looked on apkmirror but found the app on apkpure some weeks ago.
digiflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 01:21 AM   #919
andy79
andy79 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony DPTRP1, Kobo H2O, KindleDX
Quote:

Thanks for this!
andy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 11:28 AM   #920
EmilThelonius
Enthusiast
EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilThelonius View Post
For everyone with an iPhone and a DPT: do not update to iOS 12 of you plan to use the mobile app. The App crashes on start up. I haven’t found a solution nor an official statement by Sony... but on the App Store there are a lot of complaints, so I am not the only one. If someone finds a solution it would be nice, if he/she could share it here – of course: if I find a solution I will post it here.
For the iPhone Users: Sony has provided an update to the digital paper app, so it won't crash.
Old 10-16-2018, 08:56 PM   #921
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Charbax just released youtube video of Jezetek's 13.3" reader and in the settings of this reader it shows "Model Number" DPT-RP1.:

Skip video to 2:40min.

Casing looks very similar to Sony's Digital Paper.

Similar hopeless presentation of not functioning 13.3" reader from this April:
https://youtu.be/n8ETk7EEXTc

Last edited by fgdas; 10-17-2018 at 04:42 AM.
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 10:18 AM   #922
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgdas View Post
Charbax just released youtube video of Jezetek's 13.3" reader and in the settings of this reader it shows "Model Number" DPT-RP1.:
But in video it's said it has an IMX.7 processor and DPT-RP1 has a Marvell, not Freescale.
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 08:29 PM   #923
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
But in video it's said it has an IMX.7 processor and DPT-RP1 has a Marvell, not Freescale.
That's possible but she also says that 13.3inch reader has a frontlight which is complete nonsense. She apparently doesn't know much about it.
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 12:59 AM   #924
daiphucka
daiphucka began at the beginning.

Device: none
I have to readers: a Sony and a Onyx Boox.
daiphucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 10:01 AM   #925
grandnez

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryNYC View Post
Look at this! New firmware update
New features and functions made possible by the DPT-RP1 firmware update include:

• Screen Capture/Display Output Mode—connect via PC or Mac to a projector and display the contents on the Digital Paper screen, including real-time handwriting and mark-up, to a larger audience
."
Hi all,

the new firmware update was supposed to "display the contents on the Digital Paper screen, including real-time handwriting". But in the Digital Paper App installed in my Mac, I can only seen a "screenshot" button.
This is not too much interesting, I could do more or less the same syncing a file.
Is the real time handwriting and marking display really available? It has perhaps dissapeared in some Digital Paper App update?
Old 10-28-2018, 11:47 AM   #926
EmilThelonius
Enthusiast

Quote:
Hi all,

the new firmware update was supposed to "display the contents on the Digital Paper screen, including real-time handwriting". But in the Digital Paper App installed in my Mac, I can only seen a "screenshot" button.
This is not too much interesting, I could do more or less the same syncing a file.
Is the real time handwriting and marking display really available? It has perhaps dissapeared in some Digital Paper App update?
It works pretty well. It is called "screen capture" and is working, when the DPT is connected to the computer (via Wifi, Bluetooth or cable).

Screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sejy0au586...43.27.png?dl=0

Last edited by EmilThelonius; 10-30-2018 at 08:59 AM.
Old 10-29-2018, 02:27 PM   #927
grandnez

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilThelonius View Post
It works pretty well. It is called "screen capture" and is working, when the DPT is connected to the computer (via Wifi, Bluetooth or cable).

Screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sejy0au586...43.27.png?dl=0

I do not understand.
Where you have "screen capture" I have "screenshot". I have a Mac, but I have read that "screen capture" is also available on Mac . Perhaps my version of the Digital Paper App is not updated? But when I go to Help->Software UPdate I am said that the application is up to dat. What is happening?
Old 10-30-2018, 05:42 AM   #928
grandnez

Quote:
I do not understand.
Where you have "screen capture" I have "screenshot". I have a Mac, but I have read that "screen capture" is also available on Mac . Perhaps my version of the Digital Paper App is not updated? But when I go to Help->Software UPdate I am said that the application is up to dat. What is happening?
Well, sorry. I got it. There is a bug in the old version of the Digital Paper App. The application say that it is up to date, even if it is not the case. I got hte new version form the sony's web page and the scrren capture is here.

I hope that the software update bug is already fixed in this new version of the application
Old 11-23-2018, 11:21 PM   #929
rpvreviews
Enthusiast
rpvreviews began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note 10.3; Various Kindles in past
Price reduced $100 to $599 now. Thinking if should plunge into this or the new iPAD pro.. Any thoughts?
rpvreviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 12:17 AM   #930
YasBean
Enthusiast
YasBean doesn't litterYasBean doesn't litter

Device: Sony RP1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpvreviews View Post
Price reduced $100 to $599 now. Thinking if should plunge into this or the new iPAD pro.. Any thoughts?
So completely different that they cannot be compared!
YasBean is offline   Reply With Quote