Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 07-24-2018, 01:57 AM   #31
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, PW3
Tapping to change page does not always work. I believe the problem is too sensitive swipe recognition. If you start swiping and move back or not far enough, then you didn't change the page. The device should tell what resolution (density / ppi) it has. Maybe make it less sensitive to activate a swipe on higher resolution? (My phone has 529 ppi, Qurika is really easy to convince to swipe instead of a tap).
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 03:02 PM   #32
jacob_qurika
jacob_qurika ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jacob_qurika ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jacob_qurika ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jacob_qurika ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jacob_qurika ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jacob_qurika ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jacob_qurika ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jacob_qurika ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jacob_qurika ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jacob_qurika ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jacob_qurika ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Qurika on iOS and Android
I like the idea for showing the chapter overlay when two-finger swiping. I'll get that into the next release.

Noted the tap vs swipe issue, I'll take a look at it. The max PPI of my test devices is 577, so it can't be that, at least not directly. It could be that the touch resolutions are different from the screen resolutions and it may be related to differences there. My best guess is that it has to do with the way in which different devices calculate the "center" of a touch and how sensitive that is to movement. Regardless, it should not be hard to fix.

I'm going to be away for a couple of days so the next update will be a slightly delayed but I'll still be checking the forum.

As always, thanks for testing and for the feedback. This is really helpful!

Last edited by jacob_qurika; 07-24-2018 at 03:49 PM.
jacob_qurika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 05:26 PM   #33
jacob_qurika
jacob_qurika ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jacob_qurika ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jacob_qurika ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jacob_qurika ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jacob_qurika ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jacob_qurika ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jacob_qurika ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jacob_qurika ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jacob_qurika ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jacob_qurika ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jacob_qurika ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've gone ahead and released a version for Android only (2.4.1) so that I could get these two changes in before I left. iOS will see these changes in the next release. Specifically:

1. Chapter overlay when doing a two-finger swipe.
2. Prospective fix for issue where taps to turn pages are not reliable on some devices. I think this should fix your issue DuckieTigger, but I'm not 100% sure since I could not reproduce it. Please let me know if you still have the issue.
Old 07-24-2018, 07:51 PM   #34
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_qurika View Post
I've gone ahead and released a version for Android only (2.4.1) so that I could get these two changes in before I left. iOS will see these changes in the next release. Specifically:

1. Chapter overlay when doing a two-finger swipe.
I don't do see it. Even when holding the two finger swipe. Does work as advertised.
Edit: Qurika crashed - wouldn't respond to anything. After force stopping it, the chapter overlay started to work. ???? Only thing I can think of is maybe some cache that did not completely get wiped after the update.

Quote:
2. Prospective fix for issue where taps to turn pages are not reliable on some devices. I think this should fix your issue DuckieTigger, but I'm not 100% sure since I could not reproduce it. Please let me know if you still have the issue.
Yes, cannot reproduce ghost taps that did not activate a page turn anymore. No matter how hard I try to fatfinger it. Now the app feels as responsive as other apps on my phone.

: on both accounts.

Last edited by DuckieTigger; 07-24-2018 at 08:25 PM.
Old 07-24-2018, 08:41 PM   #35
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Small nitpick (since you like productive criticism). The background is dark grey. Please make it pitch black. On LCD it may not make a difference since it never gets truly dark, but on OLED black is off. Maybe give an option for the background later down the road when themes for the book are implemented (eg a white sepia and black option with chooseable background).

For now I think black would look great on OLED.
Old 07-28-2018, 03:56 PM   #36
jacob_qurika

I'm back from my trip. Sorry for the delay.

I'm glad both the changes worked. The chapters not showing up until the crash is very strange. I have not seen anything like that before.

I see the appeal of the black background. I'll play around with it and see how others feel about it. I'll get it in there sooner or later, as an option at least.
Old 08-14-2018, 04:05 AM   #37
jacob_qurika

I apologize for the slow updates recently. There has been an untimely death in the family and I'm pausing development work for some days. I will post details of the next release when it is ready. It will include a deeper Calibre integration through the Calibre content server.
Old 08-14-2018, 06:49 AM   #38
DuckieTigger
Wizard

There is no need to apologize for that. Take your time. My condolences.