Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-27-2006, 11:39 AM   #1
airlik
Connoisseur
airlik began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Connect software messes up Windows Explorer?

I installed the software, and suddenly most of the icons on my desktop reverted to "no icon" images... and in Windows explorer, all icons look the same - the "no icon" image - a rectangle with a little picture of a window in it... folders, files, they all look the same. I'm going to try going back to a restore point, but ... WTF? Anyone else run into this?
airlik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 11:45 AM   #2
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Never heard of that. Reboot? What version of Windows?
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2006, 12:06 PM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Has to be XP, or it won't let you install....
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 12:09 PM   #4
Slava
Addict
Slava doesn't litterSlava doesn't litter

Device: PRS-500 · iPad · K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by airlik
WTF? Anyone else run into this?
Nope, no issues at all.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 12:24 PM   #5
airlik
Connoisseur
airlik began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
The system restore and reboots didn't help, so I re-installed the software. At least it's no more hosed than it already was. Not sure how to fix it, but I guess I can worry about that later while I play with my new toy, heh.
airlik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2006, 01:09 PM   #6
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Well, the Connect installation did mess up my SonyEricsson PC suite for synchronizing my mobile phone. Reinstalled that and everything is now working fine again.
Laurens is offline   Reply With Quote