Notices

Old 07-01-2018, 05:41 AM   #1
arslonga
Connoisseur
arslonga began at the beginning.

Device: none
irregular word spacing

Good day.

I have noticed that when reading epubs in koreader on my KA1 the space between the last two words in a line is very short when the last word is just one character (usually the words "a" and "I"). Is this expected? Maybe there is a setting to avoid this? Thank you for your attention.
arslonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 01:47 PM   #2
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: kobo gloHD - KA1
hi !

There is a new option (when in a book) in bottom menu > B menu >, word gap > "small" (as it is if you didn't update these 3 last days), "medium" and "large". The new default is "medium", which should correct your problem but you could try "large" as well.

Last edited by cramoisi; 07-01-2018 at 03:25 PM.
cramoisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2018, 01:52 PM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
(new as in *really* new, i.e., >= 1752 )
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 02:23 PM   #4
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: kobo gloHD - KA1
@NiLuJe : yep, hence the "as it is if you didn't update these 3 last days" ; poire-z added the option in the settings last week and robert00s added the menu yesterday (but I'm testing it since the branch availability).

The default is now be 75% "medium" which I was thinking to be too large but it's not the case. After several hours of reading I can say it is very nice as the space seems more coherent now and doesn't expand so much from the standard when crengine need to expand it to make a line.

(to note : below 40% it's not uncommon to see words glued together).

@arslonga, update today or tomorrow, you'll get it

KOReader, the reader whose devs are so nice they've merged your FR even before you ask for them to be made

Last edited by cramoisi; 07-01-2018 at 02:48 PM.
cramoisi is offline   Reply With Quote