Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 01-28-2024, 02:24 PM   #1
Irian
Enthusiast
Irian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Irian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Irian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Irian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Irian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-600, PRS-650, Tolino Vision 3 HD, Kobo Libra H20
Calibre

Hello,

for a while now, connecting to Calibre wirelessly via my Kobo doesn't work well any more. I can connect to the Wi-Fi, no problem, but as soon as I click on "Calibre" -> "Connect", it goes back to "Connecting to Wi-Fi" (ignoring that I am already connected) and after a while "Error connecting to the network."

Sometimes, after dozens of tries, it works, but that's not a really great way of doing it.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I have two access-points (but both are for the same network, just different SSIDs), but I cannot find any way to make KoReader forget a specific network and not try to connect to it anymore.

Regards,

Irian
Irian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 11:18 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
On which device? And with what KOReader version?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2024, 02:43 AM   #3
Irian
Enthusiast
Irian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Irian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Irian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Irian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Irian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

A Kobo Libra H20, running KoReader version 2024.01 (last one I found in the thread) on Kobo Libra H20.

It seems, to me, that, while my Desktop running Calibre, is not on the Wifi (but connected to the same network via cable), KoReader only works if it's connected to one specific access point - unfortunately it has credentials for two and seems to try to connect to the wrong one. I find no option of "forgetting" networks.
Old 01-29-2024, 06:19 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
You can poke at the network settings in settings/network.lua; FWIW, I wouldn't necessarily recommend sharing SSIDs between APs when the clients are devices that aren't really roaming-friendly .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 02:42 AM   #5
Irian
Enthusiast

They actually have different SSIDs. I started with the first AP and later added the 2nd one and now KoReader/Calibre only works with the 2nd one (why? No clue), but it always tries to connect to the first one (again, why? no clue) for whatever reasons... I will check the network settings, thanks.
Advert

Tags
calibre connect, koreader, wi-fi