Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > Android Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-29-2014, 08:09 PM   #46
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by luby View Post
When using Android based e-readers, we must understand that there is no 'silver bullet' for getting the impressive battery stats in 'sleep' or 'screen off' mode. In this mode the OS still works, albeit less than when actively used. Compare this with Kindle or Kobo - when they are in 'sleep' mode, they don't do anything else (as they are not designed for anything else).

Whether Android develops further in such a direction where a proper 'sleep' mode is designed, which would hibernate the state of the system remains to be seen.

Anyway, I managed to improve the battery stats on my T62 by installing the Power Button app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...erbutton&hl=en) and configuring it in the notifications area (HUD was just too unreliable). This allows me to power off the device properly as if I kept on/off button for 3 seconds, thus saving the physical button from wearing down. Apart from other power optimisation apps/tricks mentioned in this and other threads, powering off the device is the only way to go the distance without recharging when you're on holiday.

You could also enable the timed shutdown from the settings of the stock standard device - The minimum timeout is 20 minutes. I did not test as I prefer to use the Power Button app, but if I understand it correctly, if you enable this setting, it will shut down automatically after 20 minutes of no use.
I expect to get battery life closer to a tablet, not an ereader, and the T62 is much worse than my tablet. My tablet does not show that it is held awake for hours with the screen off.

Thanks for the tip on the Power Button app. I also use Power Toggles in the notification area on my tablet and may check that out too.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 06:44 AM   #47
didierm
Enthusiast
didierm will become famous soon enoughdidierm will become famous soon enoughdidierm will become famous soon enoughdidierm will become famous soon enoughdidierm will become famous soon enoughdidierm will become famous soon enough

Device: Boyue T61, 2x Boyue T62D
A new firmware (v1.0.5, 20140915) for the T61 has been released : http://pan.baidu.com/share/home?uk=2...ategory/type=0

As I have made some customisations (multi-user, stock AOSP launcher, etc.) to my current firmware (E653 20140814), I did not install it (yet), but quickly comparing the update.zip to the T61/E653 v1.0.4 versions, I noticed :
- BReader has been replaced by FBReader ;
- PowerManager modifications in the framework.jar ;
- additional libraries in /system/lib ;
didierm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2014, 10:47 PM   #48
viktorhub
viktorhub began at the beginning.

Device: boyue t61
Hi everybody! Please, if us can help me whith my boyue T61. After root and modify paramethers in order for best bettery duration (frozen apps whit titanium backup and change two valors on buildprop, the device was bricked (infinite loop on the image of the ship and the sun), and tried to restart and more finally can unbrick whit the tutorial of the first page. Now, my problem its of the stock rom (archive T61_update-zip) its very poor (for example, if i click on wifi and battery, dont shows the notification bar, and not change whit restart the boyue). In order to uddate the rom whit the file (t61-09_2104_upate.zip), after follow the steps for update, i umplug the boyue and appears the window that an update its found, install? I click on yes and and after appears this message:
"Error
The file its unavailable" (or something similar)

I try this 2 more times, and download newely the archives, i tried updating from the internal sd and the micro SD, but nothing.
Really the archive "T61_update.img" its the true rom for the T61?

Thanks, if somebody can help me please...
viktorhub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 12:12 AM   #49
viktorhub
viktorhub began at the beginning.

Device: boyue t61
Uff, finally i solve it!! Really i dont know whats happen, but say if i made, maybe can be usefull for someone.
- Newely, download the files "archive T61_update-zip", and the T62 too (thinking if that change results) and the update.zip for the T61.
- I try whit other usb cable on other port of my PC (i was thinking in use other Cpu)
- Make the steps for unbrick the boyue in the RKBatchtool (not was brick, only stays on the "limited" firware of july 2014), first, obviosly whit the T61_update (400mb), but the proccess its not complete. Try before whit the T62... YES, the T62... and too, fail, not complete.
- Umplug the device for know if now are brick... but no. Runs normally in the "limited rom". Plug it on the pc and copy the update.zip (200mb), umplug and... EUREKA!!! The system charge OK the updating package, and some minutes... ALL ITS OK!!

But i not renunce, go for the root and change paramethers newely!!! The battery can be optimized, im shure (jejeje. my experience whit the "diamante en bruto", the Onda V795M, a powerfull equip whit a poor config factory, drains the battery very bad!! but optimize it and change things, this problem minimizes).

For now, thanks and stays on contact!!
viktorhub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 02:37 AM   #50
ft.parham
ft.parham began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by didierm View Post
A new firmware (v1.0.5, 20140915) for the T61 has been released : http://pan.baidu.com/share/home?uk=2...ategory/type=0

As I have made some customisations (multi-user, stock AOSP launcher, etc.) to my current firmware (E653 20140814), I did not install it (yet), but quickly comparing the update.zip to the T61/E653 v1.0.4 versions, I noticed :
- BReader has been replaced by FBReader ;
- PowerManager modifications in the framework.jar ;
- additional libraries in /system/lib ;
Hi dear didierm;
Could you please share your customisations?
ft.parham is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2014, 07:20 PM   #51
crullx
crullx began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T61
How to change boot animation?

How to change boot animation in Boyue T61?

I found the info on the net, that it should be a zip file called "bootanimation.zip" located in system/media which can be replaced.
But the T61 doesn't have a file like that. So I don't have anything to replace with a custom animation.
There is a "bootanimation" file (without extension) in system/bin folder though, but I don't know what format is that.
Also there is an "animation.bin" file in the system folder.
Which one is it and how to replace it with a bootanimation.zip file?
crullx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 08:11 PM   #52
alejoc
alejoc began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T62
Unhappy Botched update with T62

Hi, everyone.

I downloaded the newest update for the T62 from the link provided by ft.parham and applied it to my device. It booted but now the touchscreen does not register any input and I cannot operate the T62 at all. I have tried to do a full system restore with the IMG file but the Batch Tool does not detect the reader in order to flash it. I have full ADB access and can order the reader to reboot, but how can I put it in the correct mode for the download? I have a Windows 8.1 laptop now, and I suspect the program not detecting the device might have something to do with it. Please help.
alejoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 06:49 AM   #53
ft.parham
ft.parham began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by alejoc View Post
Hi, everyone.

I downloaded the newest update for the T62 from the link provided by ft.parham and applied it to my device. It booted but now the touchscreen does not register any input and I cannot operate the T62 at all. I have tried to do a full system restore with the IMG file but the Batch Tool does not detect the reader in order to flash it. I have full ADB access and can order the reader to reboot, but how can I put it in the correct mode for the download? I have a Windows 8.1 laptop now, and I suspect the program not detecting the device might have something to do with it. Please help.
Did your battery has enough charge?
It seems weird ...
Why don't you want to use ADB?
Do you hear a voice when you connect your device to your computer?
ft.parham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 11:03 AM   #54
cameld00d
cameld00d began at the beginning.

Device: boyue t62
Quote:
Hi, everyone.

I have the same exact problem. I just got the device a few days ago from banggood. I did look at the version installed and it looked like the date was more recent than the update, but for some reason (that I now regret) I went ahead and used the update file. Now I have a useless device.

For new purchases, DO NOT install that update until this situation has a resolution. I would suggest that we update the initial post to reflect this.

Anyone have any suggestions? I can't use the touchscreen at all, and I tried plugging in a USB input device to try and control the device but it did not work. I can use the buttons but not the touchscreen and I can not turn off the device. I can only reboot it when I hold down the power button. It won't even sleep consistently so it just stays "on". I wish life had a ctrl-z.

cameld00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 11:05 AM   #55
cameld00d
cameld00d began at the beginning.

Device: boyue t62
Quote:
Originally Posted by ft.parham View Post
Did your battery has enough charge?
It seems weird ...
Why don't you want to use ADB?
Do you hear a voice when you connect your device to your computer?
I don't understand the question about adb. I also do not hear a voice when I connect to my computer. I can get the machine to connect as a USB mass storage device but not much else. No way to turn off the device so I cannot hold down the refresh button as per instructions.
cameld00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 09:26 PM   #56
alejoc

Botched update with T62 (continued)

I was finally able to flash the IMG file in Windows 8.1 after some tweaking, but I still have the same problem with the touchscreen. ADB sees the device perfectly and I can instruct it to reboot and enter recovery, but what else could I do? I cannot accept the popup that asks for the update.zip to be installed.
Old 11-02-2014, 09:29 PM   #57
alejoc

If you have adb installed and detecting the device, just run "adb reboot" while holding the refresh button installed and you will be able to have the reader detected by the RK tool. It does not help though. This is my 4th time flashing without any luck. I think the touchscreen driver was somehow deleted and it is not read by the device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameld00d View Post
I don't understand the question about adb. I also do not hear a voice when I connect to my computer. I can get the machine to connect as a USB mass storage device but not much else. No way to turn off the device so I cannot hold down the refresh button as per instructions.
Old 11-02-2014, 11:56 PM   #58
alejoc

Flashing system versions

When flashing the img file the screen shows Recovery System 4.2.51; however, the RK flashing tool says the newest image has version 4.2.02. The problematic flash might have to do something with that.
Old 11-03-2014, 12:38 AM   #59
nightboy
Connoisseur
nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: NST, Boyue T62
Quote:
Originally Posted by crullx View Post
How to change boot animation in Boyue T61?

I found the info on the net, that it should be a zip file called "bootanimation.zip" located in system/media which can be replaced.
But the T61 doesn't have a file like that. So I don't have anything to replace with a custom animation.
There is a "bootanimation" file (without extension) in system/bin folder though, but I don't know what format is that.
Also there is an "animation.bin" file in the system folder.
Which one is it and how to replace it with a bootanimation.zip file?
Yes, it is animation.bin.

InputStream

You can create yours (not sure 100% if it was created in the same way.):
http://courses.cs.washington.edu/cou...labs/pics.html
nightboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 12:58 AM   #60
nightboy
Connoisseur
nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: NST, Boyue T62
Quote:
When flashing the img file the screen shows Recovery System 4.2.51; however, the RK flashing tool says the newest image has version 4.2.02. The problematic flash might have to do something with that.
Please check build.prop

Assuming ADB is working

Run the following command:
Code:
adb pull /system/build.prop
open build.prop and read the date (ro.build.date)
The img's system's files were given in July.

if it is not July, then there must be a problem in the connection.(IMG has not been installed)

You should also try factory reset (using adb):
Code:
adb shell
wipe data
there are many ways to fix your problem. But, I had a similar experience connecting these type of devices to laptops.

Last edited by nightboy; 11-03-2014 at 01:35 AM.
nightboy is offline   Reply With Quote