Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Non-English Discussions > Forum Français > Lounge français

Notices

View Poll Results: un apéro en février ?
OUI ! je veux rencontrer nekokami, et je suis dispo le samedi 20/02 !!! 10 76.92%
je ne suis pas dispo le 20/02 mais je pourrais le 13/02 (sous réserve que la salle soit libre !) 0 0%
je ne suis pas dispo le 20/02 mais je pourrais le 27/02 1 7.69%
je ne suis pas dispo le 20/02 mais je pourrais le 06/03 1 7.69%
le mois prochain c'est trop short pour moi, je préfère faire ça en mai ! 2 15.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2010, 12:31 PM   #106
Polyglot27
Addict
Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Archos 80 G9, Sony PRS-650, Sony T1, Asus MemoPad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Neko, on the way to the Café Livre, just a few doors away at no 9 rue St Martin, there's a really nice art bookshop called Mona Lisait ("Mona was reading" -- it's a pun on the Mona Lisa).
It's worth making a small purchase, just for their really cool plastic bags which have a lipsticked Gioconda adorning them.
http://www.monalisait.fr/points-de-ventes.php

I got some reproduction tapestry patterns and some art postcards there not so long ago.
It's one of a whole chain of them. They sell a lot of remaindered art books at really low prices, therefore extremely tempting. I am afraid to go into them as I am not too good at resisting temptation. However, I second Patricia's suggestion, if only to see what they have.
Polyglot27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 01:01 PM   #107
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyglot27 View Post
It's one of a whole chain of them. They sell a lot of remaindered art books at really low prices, therefore extremely tempting. I am afraid to go into them as I am not too good at resisting temptation. However, I second Patricia's suggestion, if only to see what they have.
me too.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:31 AM   #108
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
I'll be a little late, hopefully I can be there around 18 h 30. See you in a few hours!
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:06 PM   #109
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

well, we finally managed a (mini) meetup with nekokami ! thanks everyone for coming, it was a great evening ! and i'm so glad i was able to meet nekokami while she was here !
Old 02-26-2010, 03:02 AM   #110
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Désolé je n'ai pas pu venir (je suis partit super tard du boulot )
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 06:10 AM   #111
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
Désolé je n'ai pas pu venir (je suis partit super tard du boulot )
nous avons remarqué ton absence ! dommage que tu n'aies pas pu passer ; je sais que c'est pas évident de faire ça en semaine...
Old 03-02-2010, 03:07 AM   #112
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
It was really wonderful to meet those who were able to come. My mother and daughter also really enjoyed meeting other "book" people. I hope to be able to visit Paris again someday to meet more of you.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:50 AM   #113
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
It was really wonderful to meet those who were able to come. My mother and daughter also really enjoyed meeting other "book" people. I hope to be able to visit Paris again someday to meet more of you.
we are really glad you came neko ! it was great to meet you in person. i hope you had a nice calm trip home !
Old 03-02-2010, 06:07 PM   #114
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Well, other than the power being out when we got back....

We had heavy rains and high winds here while I was gone, and an incredible number of trees came down, mostly pines with shallow root structures. Power at our house went out Thursday evening and didn't return until Saturday evening. Internet was restored sometime during the day Monday.

I have co-workers here at the University who still don't have power at home. Local health clubs and exercise centers are allowing nearby residents to use their showers free of cost, and some towns have been operating emergency shelters in schools and the like.

This is the second winter in a row we've had unusually wild storms and lengthy power outages, and I think the fourth or fifth year in a row that we've had flooding in early spring. Not a good sign.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 06:09 PM   #115
zelda_pinwheel

france had a bad weekend too, weather-wise. i hope this won't be a trend.

i'm glad you made it back without any trouble, though !