Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 02-04-2009, 04:37 PM   #16
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I don't think any of the current iPhone/iPod reader software supports mobipocket. It needs to be eReader or ePub (Stanza).
Bookshelf supports (DRM-free) Mobipocket.

Me, though, I use Stanza (along with Calibre to convert my Mobi library to ePub and serve the files to my Touch).
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:44 AM   #17
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
I've created my Mobi formatted novels using Mobipocket Creator. I'd be interested to know if anyone has problems opening or displaying those files on iPod Touches or iPhones, in case I need to look into new conversion methods or SW updates.

Example: The Onuissance Cells Mobipocket file

Feel free to test out any other formatted files.
Not the Apple but the BlackBerry Storm using MobiPocket. Looks good.

With these small screens I think it's best to remove so many white spaces.

=X=
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture5_40_34.jpg
Views:	447
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	22658   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture5_40_58.jpg
Views:	450
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	22659   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture5_41_33.jpg
Views:	435
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	22660  
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:09 AM   #18
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Not the Apple but the BlackBerry Storm using MobiPocket. Looks good.

With these small screens I think it's best to remove so many white spaces.

=X=
Yes, those are older files that I double-spaced, and I plan to redo them... someday...
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 05:47 AM   #19
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Has anyone heard any more about the "official" Mobi reader for the iPhone/iPod Touch? When initially announced, it was "due by the end of the [ie last] year".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:55 AM   #20
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Has anyone heard any more about the "official" Mobi reader for the iPhone/iPod Touch? When initially announced, it was "due by the end of the [ie last] year".
Yes, I did indeed. According to the always well-informed Mister Moynahan, it seems to be quite imminent. Hint:Amazon press conference. Look here and here

Last edited by mtravellerh; 02-06-2009 at 08:00 AM.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:28 AM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
That would be nice to have access to Amazon's eBooks. My wife has an iPod Touch and if a Kindle app is released, then I could purchase eBooks from Amazon and convert to work with our Sony Readers, That's better (IMHO) to me then being able to read Mobipocket eBooks on the Touch.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 07:48 AM   #22
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That would be nice to have access to Amazon's eBooks. My wife has an iPod Touch and if a Kindle app is released, then I could purchase eBooks from Amazon and convert to work with our Sony Readers, That's better (IMHO) to me then being able to read Mobipocket eBooks on the Touch.
You are perhaps forgetting that Kindle books are only available to the rather small percentage of people who live in the US? Mobi books are available world-wide.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:18 AM   #23
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You are perhaps forgetting that Kindle books are only available to the rather small percentage of people who live in the US?
I wonder if Amazon will try to close the Gift Card loophole that allows non-US owners of a Kindle to buy ebooks. This probably isn't a big deal when the Kindle itself is unambiguously a US purchase, but there are millions of non-US iPhones. Perhaps there will need to be a US iPhone registered to the account to buy from the Kindle store.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:23 AM   #24
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
I wonder if Amazon will try to close the Gift Card loophole that allows non-US owners of a Kindle to buy ebooks.
They could try, bit I'm not sure how they would do this. How do they know if the person is in the US or not? You could have parents getting their kids a Kindle and giving them a budget of giftcards for book buying.

You might say, oh do it via IP. But, Amazon supports Kindle owners being able to access their books via the web site when they are out of Whispernet area. And out of area doesn't mean out of country... there is alot of the US that is not covered by sprint's network.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:48 AM   #25
scott_babineaux
scott_babineaux began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook
just purchase and install "bookshelf" from iTunes and set it up. I've been using it with nothing but mobipocket on my iphone and never had any problems of any kind.
scott_babineaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 08:01 AM   #26
ChrisZA
Enthusiast
ChrisZA will become famous soon enoughChrisZA will become famous soon enoughChrisZA will become famous soon enoughChrisZA will become famous soon enoughChrisZA will become famous soon enoughChrisZA will become famous soon enough

Device: iPhone
See my guide:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42023

With calibre you can convert all your PCR's and be up and going in no time with some other benefits too. I was also on mobipocket, but 1) no iPhone app working in time and 2) no decent library manager desktop app
ChrisZA is offline   Reply With Quote