Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-20-2018, 01:08 AM   #1
kansaskyle
Addict
kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & Forma, Kindle Voyage, PW, and Oasis 3
Question How long before we see Kobo Forma third-party covers

I purchased a Kobo Aura One well after release date, so there were several third-party covers available. I settled for a MoKo cover, which held up okay over the last 22 months.

Any idea how long it will take before we see third-party Forma covers?
kansaskyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 01:19 AM   #2
jlemonde
Enthusiast
jlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kobo Clara HD
I guess quite soon since the first third party vendors to bring such a thing to the market are going to make the most money. I would say one or two months. But you might need to search for it in the internet.

If your underlying question is : do I buy the expensive/not fancy official cover in the meantime?, then it depends on where you'll bring your reader, if you are careful, etc... I can't give any suitable advice in this case.
jlemonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 01:53 AM   #3
kansaskyle
Addict
kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I like how you described the "expensive/not fancy official cover"! I had a similar take.

I could always keep my Kobo Aura One around for my mobile needs I guess until a third-party cover comes out.
Old 10-20-2018, 02:37 AM   #4
pickyaxe
Addict
pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Thing is with the Aura One is that it's a "generic rectangle" kind of device. As such it's trivial for a Chinese case manufacturer to design a bigger one. With the Forma I expect to wait longer than average.
pickyaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 01:48 AM   #5
jlemonde
Enthusiast
jlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kobo Clara HD
I don't think this makes any kind of difference. There is no reusable generic rectangle, because of the rounded corners, the emplacement of the buttons, etc... And manufacturing an angle for the Forma is not much more complicated. The difference could be half a day for a handful employees.
jlemonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 08:58 AM   #6
kansaskyle
Addict

I wrote to Moko, who made a nice cover that I've been using on my KA1 and here's their reply. Looks like no immediate plans, but maybe down the road.

Quote:
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Moko cases for new Kobo Forma
Date: Sun, October 28, 2018 9:05 pm

Dear Kyle,

Thanks for contacting us.

Sorry that currently we don't have a plan to make a case for Kobo Forma.

But we will definitely keep you informed once we have it.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
Lina
Old 12-12-2018, 04:18 PM   #7
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Well, some cover have already appeared at aliexpress: https://es.aliexpress.com/item/for-k...OrigTitle=true
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 03:05 AM   #8
pickyaxe
Addict
pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Well, some cover have already appeared at aliexpress: https://es.aliexpress.com/item/for-k...OrigTitle=true
Finally! I've been checking eBay/aliexpress/Amazon almost every day. It's an origami cover too.
pickyaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 12:47 PM   #9
whoops
whoops is less competitive than you.whoops is less competitive than you.whoops is less competitive than you.whoops is less competitive than you.whoops is less competitive than you.whoops is less competitive than you.whoops is less competitive than you.whoops is less competitive than you.whoops is less competitive than you.whoops is less competitive than you.whoops is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Thanks for linking this. Mine came in today. It looks identical to the official offering with magnets in the cover for the auto wakeup along with being foldable.

The stains on the left are just water stains from me wiping down my screen beforehand.

Folded in portrait position, the two magnets in the cover join together to allow a firm hold.

whoops is offline   Reply With Quote