Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-24-2018, 11:00 AM   #1
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Real Simple Says Reading Reduces Stress

They read for fun.
There’s a reason snuggling up with a good read sounds so appealing after a rough day. Just six minutes of reading can reduce stress by as much as 68 percent, according to one study by the University of Sussex. Who knew that a dose of Gillian Flynn may be better than a gin martini?

https://www.realsimple.com/health/mi...t=2018092313PM

I just finished The President is Missing. Not too calming. But it did get my mind off the fact that our painters are on day 4 of a job they said would take a day!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 11:05 PM   #2
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Just six minutes of reading can reduce stress by as much as 68 percent, according to one study by the University of Sussex. Who knew that a dose of Gillian Flynn may be better than a gin martini?
I knew reading was relaxing, but that number is more impressive than I figured.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 11:03 AM   #3
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Depends on what you're reading. Nonfiction political books are sending my stress levels through the roof.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 12:49 PM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Reading right before bedtime is one of the ways that I disconnect my brain from the events of the day. That disconnect is required if I want to get any quality sleep. I suppose that could be construed as "relaxation," but I've always considered it more of a self-intervention, or a channel-change, really. Without it, my OCD would be battering me with things I could have done differently, better, more efficiently, or at all for that matter, during the day.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 02:23 PM   #5
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Reading has always been a top recommendation on self-help articles to aid sleep and tiredness. While it does help some readers fall asleep, sometimes I'm amused wondering if the writer is associating reading with boring someone into sleepiness. You have to wonder with some of the wording...

I'm one who really needs to avoid reading in the evening. It wakes me up if the book is good and leads me into staying up too late. When I'm into a good book, I rarely get tired. It usually just excites and wakes me up instead.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote