Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-21-2018, 03:36 AM   #91
lightbulbjim
Enthusiast
lightbulbjim can name that ebook in five wordslightbulbjim can name that ebook in five wordslightbulbjim can name that ebook in five wordslightbulbjim can name that ebook in five wordslightbulbjim can name that ebook in five wordslightbulbjim can name that ebook in five wordslightbulbjim can name that ebook in five wordslightbulbjim can name that ebook in five wordslightbulbjim can name that ebook in five wordslightbulbjim can name that ebook in five wordslightbulbjim can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo
My H2O2 mk1 (silly naming scheme) updated itself last night and I’m also not seeing the top margin bug. All I use are epubs but they’re working just fine...
lightbulbjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 05:53 AM   #92
Ansl
Enthusiast
Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo H2O2v1
Another little fix with this fw is that the letter following a full stop is again a capital one by default. That and the improved search definitely mark this an update worth trying in my eyes ;-)
Ansl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 07:13 AM   #93
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansl View Post
Another little fix with this fw is that the letter following a full stop is again a capital one by default.
What do you mean by this? Or where do you see this?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 07:29 AM   #94
Ansl
Enthusiast
Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo H2O2v1
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
What do you mean by this? Or where do you see this?
I seem to have deleted arguably the most important part of my post... I was talking about annotations with text. I use those a lot and this has been annoying me, perhaps unreasonably so, in the last few releases.
Ansl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 08:17 AM   #95
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
I'm not seeing that problem at all on the Glo HD, but then I have small line spacing and very little margins either on the top or the sides. Maybe it's some specific setting in an epub causing it that the 5 books I tried just doesn't have that setting? But I see no problem with the top margins in either epubs or kepubs.
There are normally two or three top 'margins' in ePubs, but I haven't installed this firmware and I don't know which one the bug affects. If someone could test and find out I would be very interested to know:

One is the @page margin set in the book's CSS stylesheet (or by one of the ePub top/bottom margin patches). If the bug affects this then on an unpatched device some books will be affected and others won't, depending on whether the publisher has set the @page margin.

The other 'margin' is actually a built-in 15px header at the top of the screen. This header is not present in full-screen mode, so if the bug affects this then it will only be seen in normal reading mode.

(There may also be a third top margin set in the book's XPGT stylesheet in some books, which could further complicate things.)
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 06:16 AM   #96
sashimimi
sashimimi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
I just installed it on my Glo HD and there's no problems at all that I can see. The fast page turns do work on the kepubs, but not on epubs. Searching brings up all entries within the book, not just the first 100 like it used to. Other than those 2 changes, I don't see anything else different, normal page turns don't seem to be any faster.

I don't know what the comments about the top navigation bar refer to, I don't see any issue. I do patch though, and especially love getting rid of the 3rd row on the home screen now. Thanks to the many people who always put in the time to give us these useful patches.
Which fw did you install on your Glo HD please ?
sashimimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 07:56 AM   #97
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sashimimi View Post
Which fw did you install on your Glo HD please ?
I installed Firmware 4.9.11311. The Glo HD is a Mark 6 device.

Last edited by Ripplinger; 07-22-2018 at 08:00 AM.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 12:02 PM   #98
ReaLx3m
Groupie
ReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura One, Pocketbook Inkpad 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
It's only for devices:
Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 v1 Mark 6
Kobo Aura ONE (not LE) Mark 6
Kobo Aura Edition 2 v1 Mark 6
Kobo Aura ONE LE Mark 6
Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 v2 Mark 7
Kobo Aura Edition 2 v2 Mark 7
Clara HD Mark 7

Release Notes:

Download links:

Mark 4 firmware 4.9.11314 build number (8c2fd38797).
Mark 5 firmware 4.9.11314 build number (8c2fd38797).
Mark 6 firmware 4.9.11311 build number (112578920c).
Mark 7 firmware 4.9.11311 build number (112578920c).

*Mark 3 not available.
Im somewhat confused.On the wiki it says that the firmware is not compatible with the original H20, yet there is link for mark5 devices(which the h2o is).
So is it ok to flash the original h2o with the firmware from the mark5 link in your post?
ReaLx3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 12:39 PM   #99
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
It doesn't say it not compatible it say "Not for...H2O", although firmware 4.9.11311 is not officially release to H2O, Mark 4 and Mark 5 are available to download.
Sometime Kobo release firmware marks that are not officially release to devises or that are planing to release officially on a latter day.

I didn't see any complaints about installing mark 4 or 5.

Last edited by oren64; 07-23-2018 at 03:52 PM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 02:43 PM   #100
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
There are normally two or three top 'margins' in ePubs, but I haven't installed this firmware and I don't know which one the bug affects. If someone could test and find out I would be very interested to know:

One is the @page margin set in the book's CSS stylesheet (or by one of the ePub top/bottom margin patches). If the bug affects this then on an unpatched device some books will be affected and others won't, depending on whether the publisher has set the @page margin.

The other 'margin' is actually a built-in 15px header at the top of the screen. This header is not present in full-screen mode, so if the bug affects this then it will only be seen in normal reading mode.

(There may also be a third top margin set in the book's XPGT stylesheet in some books, which could further complicate things.)
There are hardly any new ePub eBooks these days that use an XPGT file. Also, of the ones that did that I've read, they did not set a top margin. They only set a left.right margin.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 12:12 PM   #101
avresbo
Enthusiast
avresbo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD / Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
It's only for devices:
Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 v1 Mark 6
Kobo Aura ONE (not LE) Mark 6
Kobo Aura Edition 2 v1 Mark 6
Kobo Aura ONE LE Mark 6
Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 v2 Mark 7
Kobo Aura Edition 2 v2 Mark 7
Clara HD Mark 7

Release Notes:

Download links:

Mark 4 firmware 4.9.11314 build number (8c2fd38797).
Mark 5 firmware 4.9.11314 build number (8c2fd38797).
Mark 7 firmware 4.9.11311 build number (112578920c).

*Mark 3 not available.
Which one for Glo HD?
Thank you
avresbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 12:54 PM   #102
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by avresbo View Post
Which one for Glo HD?
Thank you
Quote:
I installed Firmware 4.9.11311. The Glo HD is a Mark 6 device.
Install this one for the Glo HD:
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 07:59 PM   #103
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
4.9.11314 is a mistake. It should be 4.9.11311.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 08:10 PM   #104
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
4.9.11314 is a mistake. It should be 4.9.11311.
Jon, Jon... The firmware .zip filename says 11311 but the installed version says 11314.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 05:34 PM   #105
carpodacus
carpodacus began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2
New Bug on Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2

A bug appeared with this new update: While reading a book or an article, when I tap on the middle of the screen (in order to show the sidebars), my ebook freezes, the led blinks, and the ebook reboots. This means I cannot resume my reading without going to the end of the book or forcing a crash of the ebook. It has a 100% reproduction rate. I reinitialised my ebook, it worked great again, until I was asked and installed again the new firmware (4.9.11311). I am on a Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2, I don't know if anyone else has this same bug appearing.
carpodacus is offline   Reply With Quote