Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-04-2009, 09:52 PM   #1
yellowfeather
Corn Head
yellowfeather began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3 7th Gen
Long time stalker, first time poster

Hi, been looking around several weeks now to get info and help with conversion topics. Howdy!
yellowfeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:03 PM   #2
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Hello yellowfeather -- welcome to MobileRead. If you're converting files to one of the eBook formats, you'll want to check out Calibre. Its developer (Kovid Goyal) hangs out here and is quick to answer questions.

Which Bebook model do you have? I'm casting a longing eye over the various 5-inch readers just now hitting the market. My hubby keeps pointing out -- rightly, I guess -- that I already have 2 readers and I can only read on one at a time. But that doesn't keep me from wanting yet another one.

We're glad you've joined us.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2009, 10:27 PM   #3
hike_gc
Zealot
hike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nook
Hello!

Weclome to Mobile Read!
hike_gc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:35 PM   #4
yellowfeather
Corn Head

Thanks Elsi, I don't "actually have Bebook" but it is on my wish list.

I have been looking at the posts before today, and am already somewhat familiar with Calibre and Kovid Goyal and

his promptness to fixes, etc. I have already read many posts and some by you too!

Truth be told, I had hoped to enter the forums under better circumstances. I was using Book Designer and had a

bunch of stuff out of a directory that I cannot now find. It is ok I guess, as it was non essential stuff. I was

just nearing the end of HarryT's tutorial for Book Designer, so close after weeks of confusion (troubles before

that also).

Thanks for the welcome!
Old 09-04-2009, 10:37 PM   #5
yellowfeather
Corn Head

Thanks for the welcome hike_gc
Advert
Old 09-08-2009, 09:52 AM   #6
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead (Officially ), yellowfeather!

Since you've been around awhile, I won't try to point you in any directions as I would with other new posters. Don't be shy about asking questions or jumping into the fray. MR members are very helpful and always open to new voices. Enjoy.

Happy Reading.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:02 PM   #7
yellowfeather
Corn Head

Thanks, Kazbates.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:04 PM   #8
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome to MR!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:08 PM   #9
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi yellowfeather and welcome to MObile Read
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
first post, intro, introduction