Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-29-2016, 05:53 PM   #1
MegaBluejay
MegaBluejay began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura 2
After Jailbreak..

I jailbreaked my Kindle Paperwhite 3 running 5.6.5 using theese instructions , specifically in hopes of using CoolReader. I've been looking around this website for a little while now, as well as the web in general and besides this, I have found nothing that says anything about PW3 on the tin. For example the paperwhite and touch instructions for CoolReader tell you to follow instructions for K5 Collections Manger. That has NOTHING on PW3. Same with MKK, which everything seems to require. So what's up with this? Is this reader super unpopular so nobody makes stuff for it, or what? Actually, I just realised that MKK Comes with the jailbreak, so that part's ok.

Last edited by MegaBluejay; 10-29-2016 at 06:08 PM. Reason: I got something wrong
MegaBluejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 07:41 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaBluejay View Post
I jailbreaked my Kindle Paperwhite 3 running 5.6.5 using theese instructions , specifically in hopes of using CoolReader. I've been looking around this website for a little while now, as well as the web in general and besides this, I have found nothing that says anything about PW3 on the tin. For example the paperwhite and touch instructions for CoolReader tell you to follow instructions for K5 Collections Manger. That has NOTHING on PW3. Same with MKK, which everything seems to require. So what's up with this? Is this reader super unpopular so nobody makes stuff for it, or what? Actually, I just realised that MKK Comes with the jailbreak, so that part's ok.
You probably want to update to the current firmware on that device, there have been a lot of changes between 5.6 and 5.8 firmware.

You have been reading very old, out of date, information.

PW-3 - - You want the currently maintained KOreader, see:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=276
It now has its own forum. (and yes, it uses the CR engine).

Last edited by knc1; 10-29-2016 at 07:44 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2016, 06:07 AM   #3
MegaBluejay
MegaBluejay began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura 2
Ok, cool. Thanks
MegaBluejay is offline   Reply With Quote