Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 01:08 PM   #691
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
@trianglekitty - Well, that's at least three that all show a similar problem--there's a full (sometimes ugly or broken) HTML header inside the chapter content tag. I think I should be able to do something about that.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:15 PM   #692
seabream
Enthusiast
seabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-T1, RIM Playbook & Z10, Samsung Note, MacOSX
@JimmXinu - You're probably right about it not being the image since installing the new version gives the same result. Just to check - if it was going to work, installing over the old one would be fine right? I wouldn't need to remove the plugin, restart, install the new one, restart?

@trianglekitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by trianglekitty View Post
Thinking about it more, I'm not sure how useful only updating some columns would be to other people.
I don't have a large sample size for how people tag their libraries, but I can see definite benefits for people who replace the downloaded tags with different versions. For instance I often re-tag characters with the fandom pre-pended so it's easier to find stories on my e-reader, which doesn't allow for multiple tag Boolean AND searching. e.g.: ch Jossverse: Tara. Other times I'm putting in full names or nicknames to separate different characters with the same name. This does mean that when I do updates, I end up going back and deleting the non custom versions that get added to the tag list. I can go and change the personal.ini when I switch between updates and new stories to exclude some tag categories, but this is slightly easier. But JimmXinu's thought of having different sets of metadata requests for updates and new stories would save work.
Advert
Old 07-30-2012, 02:42 PM   #693
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabream View Post
@JimmXinu - You're probably right about it not being the image since installing the new version gives the same result. Just to check - if it was going to work, installing over the old one would be fine right? I wouldn't need to remove the plugin, restart, install the new one, restart?
Install (over top of existing) and one restart is good enough.

If you're willing to take the time to try a lot of different versions, we can try figuring this out by experimentation. Attached is a test version that only has the two most basic menu options: add new and update.

It would also be helpful to know if the Reading List plugin works correctly for you. It has a similar method of rebuilding the PI menu.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 07-30-2012 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 07-30-2012, 04:21 PM   #694
seabream
Enthusiast
seabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheese

@JimmXinu - I'm willing if you are. Though if it takes more than a few days, there'll be a break because I'll be away from my computer. Thanks for being so helpful.

This version is okay. I didn't have Reading List installed, but I've just done so. Testing with it with this version of FFDL, it doesn't exhibit the menu/window crashing. Testing by going back to 1.6.0 in case it was some random other thing results in the usual crashes, so you've got ahold of something.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:59 PM   #695
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
@JimmXinu - I'm willing if you are. Though if it takes more than a few days, there'll be a break because I'll be away from my computer. Thanks for being so helpful.
Excellent. I really appreciate your help reporting and testing this.

Quote:
This version is okay. I didn't have Reading List installed, but I've just done so. Testing with it with this version of FFDL, it doesn't exhibit the menu/window crashing. Testing by going back to 1.6.0 in case it was some random other thing results in the usual crashes, so you've got ahold of something.
Good, we can work with that. To try and save going back and forth a lot, I've posted several different versions this time. I suggest trying them in this order:
  1. all.zip (If this one works, you can stop here.)
  2. addupdatekeyboard.zip
  3. allbutkeyboard.zip (If this one works and addupdatekeyboard.zip failed, you can stop here.)
  4. addupdateabout.zip
  5. addupdateaboutconfig.zip
  6. addupdateaboutconfigurl.zip
  7. addupdateaboutconfigurllist.zip

Thanks.

FYI, I do not recommend that anyone else use these versions. They're just for tracking down this Mac issue.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 07-30-2012 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Advert
Old 07-30-2012, 06:36 PM   #696
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zauberlehrling! View Post
Code:
HTTP Error 502: Proxy Error (The parameter is incorrect.)
I noticed this error with another story from fanfiktion.de.
Story-download and -update from ksarchive.com is fine.

Therefore I assume that it doesn't have anything to do with our internal Proxy. Maybe someone could have a look? Thanks.
That's going to be difficult. I don't have a proxy server to test with--let alone know what kind of proxy server you may be using. Nor do I have an account to test with on fanfiktion.de, nor can I get one. Nor do I read German.

I suspect the problem has to do with the fact that for fanfiktion.de we have to POST a login and ksarchive.com works with just GET. (POST and GET are two different kinds of HTTP requests.)

I speculate that the English language sites that uses POST login (archiveofourown.org, fictionalley.org, ficwad.com, fimfiction.net or tthfanfic.org) may get the same error over a proxy. If you can show that that's true, I'll be a much better position to test and troubleshoot.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:37 PM   #697
trianglekitty
Enthusiast
trianglekitty began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
This may not be a problem directly related to fanfictiondownloader. I use summaries in place of titles- with so many fics, a title tells me nothing and I don't like having to enter into the book to view the metadata page (I'm using a Nook Simple Touch). If I use a summary as a title, I can doubletap the book to bring up the full book title and there's less tapping overall involved. Yes, I'm that lazy.

I'm noticing if the summary title is too long, it messes up the folder names. For example, let's say I have my folders set like this on the Nook...

Fandom-Author(subfolder)-Series(subfolder)-Summary(collection within a folder)

Let's say the fandom is Magnificent Seven. If the Summary is too long, the fandom's folder will be named something like Magnificent Se...almost like there's a limited amount of characters and to fill in the summary it has to take characters from the fandom, if that makes any sense at all. Sometimes the author or series is cut off as well. I'm using save to disc to transfer my folder and subfolder settings.

I don't know if this is a fanfictiondownloader issue or an issue with a Nook setting...I suspect it may be a Nook setting, but I thought I'd bring it up just in case. I'm probably the only trying to get summaries to display in this fashion though. I have yet to figure out exactly where the limit is before the folders start to cut off...it seems to be a combination of both the fandom/author/series characters plus the summary. If I keep the summary to a single sentence it seems to work okay.

Hope I explained that at least vaguely clearly...
Old 07-30-2012, 06:46 PM   #698
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trianglekitty View Post
This may not be a problem directly related to fanfictiondownloader.
You're right--it's not. Nothing to do with FFDL.

I expect either the Library Management or Devices forums would be better places to look for help with this.

That said, my only idea is that you experiment with your output filename template. Consult the template docs and look at the shorten function. I expect there are better answers, though.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:59 PM   #699
trianglekitty
Enthusiast
trianglekitty began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
You're right--it's not. Nothing to do with FFDL.

I expect either the Library Management or Devices forums would be better places to look for help with this.

That said, my only idea is that you experiment with your output filename template. Consult the template docs and look at the shorten function. I expect there are better answers, though.
I strongly suspected as much, but figured what the hey. I suspect in the long run I just have to get over my laziness and put the summary in the metadata page. Thanks for the tips on where else to ask!
Old 07-30-2012, 08:02 PM   #700
seabream
Enthusiast

@JimmyXinu - Happy to do so.
Results: crashes: -, doesn't crash: +

- 1. all.zip (If this one works, you can stop here.)
+ 2. addupdatekeyboard.zip
- 3. allbutkeyboard.zip (If this one works and addupdatekeyboard.zip failed, you can stop here.)
- 4. addupdateabout.zip
- 5. addupdateaboutconfig.zip
- 6. addupdateaboutconfigurl.zip
- 7. addupdateaboutconfigurllist.zip
Old 07-30-2012, 08:14 PM   #701
seabream
Enthusiast

@trianglekitty - I think it's more like a Calibre one since Save to Disk isn't dependant on the device. I think the same thing would happen if you saved to your hard drive. I've experienced something similar, except my long field is Fandom(s). My template setting is {author_sort}/{#fandom}/{series} {series_index:0>2s} {#titlelength}, which is mostly okay, except for the Author Index pages for authors who write in a ton of fandoms. The way it shortens things is a bit odd too. It isn't just beginning or end, but sometimes bits in the middle. Like: "Geonn - works index 1 Anthology - 15,600" becomes "Geonn - wogy - 15600.epub" (never mind. I was confused by the lack of ellipses)

Last edited by seabream; 07-30-2012 at 09:50 PM. Reason: edited to strikeout my reading failure
Old 07-30-2012, 08:30 PM   #702
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
@JimmyXinu - Happy to do so.
Results: crashes: -, doesn't crash: +
Hmm. I continue to be puzzled. But we did eliminate one part.

Here's a couple more to try:

noshortcutfalse.zip
no_exwithshortcutfalse.zip

Last edited by JimmXinu; 07-31-2012 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 07-30-2012, 10:06 PM   #703
seabream
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Hmm. I continue to be puzzled. But we did eliminate one part.
You aren't the only one, though I'm sure you know more on this subject than I do.

+ noshortcutfalse.zip
- no_exwithshortcutfalse.zip
Old 07-30-2012, 10:17 PM   #704
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
You aren't the only one, though I'm sure you know more on this subject than I do.
I think we're getting close. If I'm right, I think all of these will work, but 'config' and 'about' for FFDL will show up as available for with_ex_noshortcut.zip and no_ex_noshortcut.zip.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 07-31-2012 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 07-30-2012, 10:32 PM   #705
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@seabream - I just replaced the zip files on the previous post--sorry, I was typing too fast and introduced errors in at least one before.
Closed Thread