Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-01-2011, 02:35 AM   #1
gstephen70
gstephen70 doesn't littergstephen70 doesn't litter

Device: PRS-600
Hi all.

Just came across this great site and wanted to say "Hi". I just ordered the 950SC B-stock from Sony Style for $239 after reading a few of the reviews on the Pearl E-Ink technology. I tend to read in low light and would love to be able to ditch the reading light.

Thanks in advance for your advice.
gstephen70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 04:48 AM   #2
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Hello gstephen70 and welcome to MobileRead.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2011, 06:52 AM   #3
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
hi gstephen70! welcome to MobileRead
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:37 AM   #4
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, G. Why not post about your light problem in the Sony sub forum here? I'm sure someone will quickly come to the rescue with an answer in plain English. Happy Sonying and best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:52 AM   #5
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hello and welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2011, 12:47 AM   #6
gstephen70
gstephen70 doesn't littergstephen70 doesn't litter

Device: PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
Good to have your company, G. Why not post about your light problem in the Sony sub forum here? I'm sure someone will quickly come to the rescue with an answer in plain English. Happy Sonying and best wishes. Neil
Thanks. Not really a light problem per se. I tend to read in low light and find the reading light helpful. Not dark, mind you, low light. I read somewhere that the improved contrast on the 950 should help with that.

OT: My 950 has shipped and is scheduled for Sat delivery. Yippie. I find I read much more with the eReader than I had before. It's so convenient.
gstephen70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 06:27 AM   #7
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to Mobileread ….

You have seen the Sony Forum for the latest in tricks and tips? ...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote