Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-29-2010, 08:43 AM   #1
HenkH
Enthusiast
HenkH began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 302
No new firmware for PB302?

Earlier this year I've bought a PocketBook 302 with the promise of a 'soon to be released' firmware, which would include a decent internet browsing experience. Since then a pre-alpha (and unusable) browser was released and an pre-beta release of the firmware (without browser) in september.

The november beta firmware's did not include support for the 302, and in the German forum Forkosigan 'announced' we will have to wait until january for the 302 firmware.

I'm very disappointed in the lack of support on the PB302 and also on the official communication on the new functionallity. I can't find any information on the (lack of) progress on the PocketBook site...
HenkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 05:32 AM   #2
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
I bought mine for the same reasons as you did. And because of the promised writing app.

I put it for sale. I am finished with Pocketbook for the time being. They sell hardware with beta software and a promise they seem not to be able to keep (and continue to do so with their new models).

Bought another ereader. No nonsense and less config fun, but it does exactly what the seller promises.
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
302, pocketbook