Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-14-2017, 07:26 PM   #1
genoasalami
Connoisseur
genoasalami began at the beginning.

Device: KK3G, PW, Voyage, Oasis, Aura One, Forma
Is the KA1 worth the risk for USA buyer; or, how to return from USA?

I'm debating Oasis2 to replace my current Oasis, or KA1. The KA1 has comfort night lighting which is basically the real reason I'd choose it. However, to get fair pricing, i have to buy from chapters and pay $30 shipping.

Given the poll in this forum shows 40% of owners have lighting issues, does anyone have experience returning their KA1 to chapters from the USA? Is it worth the risk and hassle?

Thanks all!
genoasalami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 10:58 PM   #2
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by genoasalami View Post
I'm debating Oasis2 to replace my current Oasis, or KA1. The KA1 has comfort night lighting which is basically the real reason I'd choose it. However, to get fair pricing, i have to buy from chapters and pay $30 shipping.

Given the poll in this forum shows 40% of owners have lighting issues, does anyone have experience returning their KA1 to chapters from the USA? Is it worth the risk and hassle?

Thanks all!
Politics and Prose is a bookstore in Washington, DC, that has the KA1 for $229

I have no idea what they charge for shipping, but I bought the original Kobo Aura from them a few years ago by phone and the person that answered was very knowledgeable. The shipping was very fast. At the time there were all kinds of messages here about delays and cross border problems with Kobo and Chapters.

http://www.politics-prose.com/kobo
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 12:43 AM   #3
genoasalami
Connoisseur
genoasalami began at the beginning.

Device: KK3G, PW, Voyage, Oasis, Aura One, Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Politics and Prose is a bookstore in Washington, DC, that has the KA1 for $229

I have no idea what they charge for shipping, but I bought the original Kobo Aura from them a few years ago by phone and the person that answered was very knowledgeable. The shipping was very fast. At the time there were all kinds of messages here about delays and cross border problems with Kobo and Chapters.

http://www.politics-prose.com/kobo
You may be my hero....
genoasalami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 12:47 AM   #4
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
I got my Kobo from a seller in NYC, New York. He was selling cheaper cause of the exchange rate & buying in bulk... No Tax nor Shipping. eBay
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote