Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-26-2020, 09:06 AM   #1
rockiecxh
rockiecxh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G/WIFI
KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2 not shown on my KPW1

Hi Guys,

I need some help here.

My firmware version was 5.3.*, and I upgraded to 5.6.1 and found that to jb I need to downgrade to 5.4.4 and then upgrade to 5.6.1.
But sadly after JB (the words showed up after successful JB), I copied the KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2 to documents folder and eject the usb, but the launcher didn't show up at all.
I tried for several versions of FW, but nothing worked.

Please give me some hints on what should I do next. Thanks a million!
rockiecxh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 11:39 AM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Reading the documentation always helps.

That FW version dropped support for Kindlets, you'll have to move to the Booklet variant.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2020, 11:50 AM   #3
rockiecxh

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Reading the documentation always helps.

That FW version dropped support for Kindlets, you'll have to move to the Booklet variant.
Thanks, NiLuJe for the reply.
But I'm still confused here.

"In addition, you may need to install MKK: if your device runs on FW 5.x, and you're using the K5 JB >= 1.11.N (or the associated "hotfix"), you don't need to do anything, MKK is bundled with your JB. If you're using an older device, you will need to install MKK yourself"

I thought the MKK was installed with the JB, since I installed the latest version JB. Or do I need ot manually install MKK? Thanks!
Old 10-27-2020, 02:24 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

MKK hasn't been a thing for a good long while (it's now handled by the hotfix). And since the middle K stands for Kindlet, it's also entirely irrelevant nowadays .

TL;DR: You just need to switch to KUAL's Booklet variant.
Old 10-28-2020, 01:13 PM   #5
rockiecxh

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
MKK hasn't been a thing for a good long while (it's now handled by the hotfix). And since the middle K stands for Kindlet, it's also entirely irrelevant nowadays .

TL;DR: You just need to switch to KUAL's Booklet variant.
Sorry, NiLuJe. It's really frustrating. I thought it might be the Duokan's problem, so I uninstall it from the system.
Then I tried the following things:
Upgrade FW to 5.4.4.2 from 5.3.5.
JB with the 7 files(5.x JB).
I copied the MR Installer to root folder of KPW
put "Update_KUALBooklet_v2.7.24_install.bin" file in mrpackages folder.
Then I typed in the search bar with ";log mrpi", but nothing happened.
I'm still not sure about "MKK hasn't been a thing for a good long while (it's now handled by the hotfix).". So, I put the "Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.16.N_install.bin" to the kindle, after unpluging the usb, there was no update menu in the system and the bin file disappeared. That means it's not a correct way either.
Advert
Old 10-28-2020, 02:23 PM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Ah, Dukoan means you go goes straight to the "no idea which state the system's in" step, so, err, good luck, I guess?
Old 10-29-2020, 12:17 PM   #7
rockiecxh

will the factory reset help?
Old 10-29-2020, 02:18 PM   #8
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Again, Duokan means I have no idea.

But on a sane system, it might very well put the nail in the coffin of your JB if it wasn't in tip top shape to begun with.
Old 10-30-2020, 05:35 AM   #9
rockiecxh

Thanks, NiLuJe. Finally I got it working by factory reset.