Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-08-2020, 08:50 PM   #1
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
When sites set up their own libraries...?

Hi,

I'm not sure which forum would work for this, or for solutions specific to each site.

OneBookShelf includes DrivethruRPG, Wargame Vault, DrivethruFiction, and related sites. I find them really useful, but sometimes the useful features can be frustrating too.

They sell a lot of games and fiction and related material. They often sell charity bundles. They also pair up with Bundle of Holding who always sell charity bundles. In that case, the downloads from each source will mostly duplicate each other, but not always.

They mostly sell pdf files, with all the pdf-related headaches. So if you need to use k2pdfopt, splice, Ghostscript, or other tools to pre-process pdfs, you can't just import into Calibre.

The also have a very handy app, downloading files to their own library...

But file management solutions which rely on their own libraries can't help with that library. I end up doing a lot of fancy organizational work in that library, as well as importing into the Calibre library. As long as I refresh often, it doesn't have trouble with adding pre-processed versions of the pdfs alongside the originals, moving the files into appropriate subfolders, etc.

See also the discussion here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=3563457

What solutions have you found to simplify file organization when sites set up their own libraries?
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 01:52 AM   #2
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
I get a lot from DTRPG (mostly via Bundle of Holding) - at the moment, only epub files are imported into Calibre. The rest are stored in my iCloud drive; I have a dedicated Games folder, with RPGs as a subfolder. As I acquire files, they get transferred to that folder, into a subfolder for each game system, which may include other subfolders for different editions.

I'm slowly logging everything into my LibraryThing catalogue, but I'm horribly behind because it's a manual process as I tend to collect indie games. Datasources for those are not good. I ought to log everything in Calibre too, but it would end up as a horrible task, mostly because of the sheer size of the collection (35 Gb). Admittedly, some of that is scanned magazine articles and personally written content, but I reckon even excluding that and the game aids there'd be well over 20 Gb.
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 09:31 PM   #3
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
I keep the core OneBookShelf library on a separate disk, so space isn't as urgent there, and I usually have lower file sizes on the processed versions, so space isn't as urgent in my Calibre libraries either. But it's still frustrating. Some way to gather title and author metadata would be so helpful.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drivethrurpg, library management, onebookshelf