Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-19-2017, 12:21 PM   #1
toscana17
toscana17 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
edits won't save

Hi, I just started use Calibre today. I am attempting to make some edits in my existing ebook. I got my epub file into Calibre and figured out how to use the find/replace thing and I got my edits done. Except that I forgot two. I save the epub file to my desktop and then realized I had 2 more edits to do. I went back and did those. But ever since, I cannot get the final file with those last 2 edits to save. They show up in Calibre but not when I save to my desktop.

I have tried deleting all old epub files on my desktop and closing out Calibre and re-opening. I have gone through this a few times. Every time I can see that the edits are there/saved, in Calibre but when I save the epub file to my desktop and open it and check, the two new edits are not there.

I can't figure out what else to do. Would LOVE some help!

Thanks!
toscana17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 01:46 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The "Introduce Yourself" forum, as its name suggests, is for introducing yourself. Tell us a little about yourself, what your interests are, and so on.

Technical questions belong in our technical forums. You'll find a forum called "Calibre" which (you've guessed it!) is where you ask questions about Calibre.

Welcome to MobileRead.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2017, 02:31 PM   #3
toscana17
toscana17 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
sorry, I looked around and got lost, the specific forums I found had no "start a thread", at least not showing up for me. So I finally posted here as it was the only place that allowed me to post something. I will try again.
toscana17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
editing ebook in calibre, saving to disk