Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 08-30-2013, 07:24 PM   #1
Julius Caesar
Addict
Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Creating TOC and splitting into several xhtml files

I have a book which originally comes with one large html file that covers all chapters. The book is originally in mobi7 format. The TOC is too basic and I want to make it better.

In order to create a better TOC like this, see attachment, do I have to split the one large html file into several smaller xhtml files?

Do I have to repack the file as KF8 instead of older mobi7?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Correct TOC.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	110258  

Last edited by Julius Caesar; 08-30-2013 at 08:04 PM.
Julius Caesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:26 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Caesar View Post
In order to create a better TOC like this, see attachment, do I have to split the one large html file into several smaller xhtml files?
There's no requirement, but I think it's probably easier to have the TOC consist of its very own html file.

Quote:
Do I have to repack the file as KF8 instead of older mobi7?
You have no control over what format Kindlegen/Previewer creates. If you're using the latest version, it builds a file that contains both a KF8 and a MOBI version. Only devices that support the KF8 format will SEE the type of TOC in your image.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert