Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-22-2011, 02:41 AM   #1
sebastiandark
I write thrillers
sebastiandark turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.sebastiandark turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.sebastiandark turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.sebastiandark turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.sebastiandark turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.sebastiandark turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.sebastiandark turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.sebastiandark turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.sebastiandark turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.sebastiandark turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.sebastiandark turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle
Your favorite thrillers?

What are some of your favorite thrillers that you've read recently? I picked up "Killer" by Stephen Carpenter the other day for my kindle and absolutely loved it. Anyone else have any good reads to share?
sebastiandark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 08:56 AM   #2
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
The Jack Kilborn (aka JA Konrath) books are pretty good.
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2011, 12:06 PM   #3
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
My recent addiction is Barry Eisler. His John Rain series was superb. His Ben Treven series is not quite as good but still above average.

Eisler's prose is more lyrical and descriptive than the typical author. His location research is great. The character development in the Rain series is a cut above the average thriller. He didn't fudge any of the world-wide locations I've visited myself.

He seems to scratch a similar tough-guy itch as Lee Child does with his Reacher series. But Child's prose is not as special and Reacher is less three-dimensional or believable than Rain.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 12:23 PM   #4
Ron.
Evangelist
Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, LookBook, Nook Simple Touch
I just finished "The Keep - Jennifer Egan" I think it's classified as a thriller ? anyway I loved it.
Ron. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 12:30 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
I'm about three quarters of the way through Brad Thor's The Last Patriot and can't put the thing down.

Have you read Nelson DeMille? His books, especially the earlier ones are riveting.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2011, 02:54 PM   #6
camefloo
camefloo began at the beginning.

Device: pc
Patterson

I am a fan of James Patterson - I've read quite a lot of his books and have for the just loved them. You won't turn it down after a few chapters...

I know, he's New York Times bestseller author so some may say 'no, thank you', but I can't help it

Try some of his books like Tick Tock, Don't Blink, ....
camefloo is offline   Reply With Quote