Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-28-2021, 10:49 PM   #1
Rellwood
Library Breeder
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Importing Catalog with "Identifiers" column

I have old catalogs that I want to import into a blank library so I can fix the metadata and import into my current library. THe only problem is that I only have an "identifiers" column in the .csv files. I can't for the life of me figure out how to separate this column so that each identifier is in it's own column. They are all mixed up. Is there some kind of column I can create in Calibre that will allow this "idenfiers" column to be imported?

I don't want to try and match up my calibre library by title/author with any imported .csv - it takes too long, I always do it by identifiers now.

____

Came up with a workaround. Basically, I import the column into a tags type column, then copy them over into the identifiers as needed.

Last edited by Rellwood; 09-28-2021 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Found an answer
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote