Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-03-2018, 02:56 AM   #1
melba.d
melba.d began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite
Move date from beginning to end of title w/ regex?

Hi, I have several titles that include a date at the beginning of the title that I'd like to move to the end. So...

2018-07-01 The Title
to
The Title 2018-07-01

All dates are in this format. Seems like this should be relatively straightforward using Bulk Edit Metadata, but I can't wrap my head around how to make it happen.

Last edited by melba.d; 08-03-2018 at 03:01 AM. Reason: clarification
melba.d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 03:42 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
You should be able to get away with:

Search for: (.*?)\s(.*)
Replace with: \2 \1

But, if you accidentally select a title that doesn't have the date, you will mess it up.

So, safer is:

Search for: ([\d-]+)\w(.*)

That looks like it won't mess with titles that don't have the date at the start. Unless you have something like "101 Ways to Write Regex in calibre".

And use title for both the Search and destination fields.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2018, 02:58 AM   #3
melba.d
melba.d began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
You should be able to get away with:

Search for: (.*?)\s(.*)

But, if you accidentally select a title that doesn't have the date, you will mess it up.

So, safer is:

Search for: ([\d-]+)\w(.*)

Ohhhh, I see what I did wrong. I tried to match just the date but then couldn't figure out what to put in the replace field to make it work. Now I see you need to match both parts and then switch them. Thank you, this was so helpful and now I understand regex slightly better!
melba.d is offline   Reply With Quote