Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-24-2018, 10:02 PM   #1
citytrader
Connoisseur
citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: BOOX Note
Note: Firmware 1.9.0_b74f228

Just updated to 1.9.0_cd8c355

Since versión 1.9.0_b74f228, there is no need to modify dpi

Tips for updating:
- Change to Chinese
- Click update (the option on the right, I don't understand Chinese ) and wait because it will remain in 0% for a bit, so left it 10 min till the device updates.
- Return to your language

Last edited by citytrader; 07-05-2018 at 01:29 AM.
citytrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 04:53 PM   #2
zsdiogo
zsdiogo doesn't litterzsdiogo doesn't litter

Device: Boox Note 10.3
Extremely useful information, citytrader! I wonder if there is a changelog for 1.9.0 somewhere...
zsdiogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2018, 05:58 PM   #3
charliebub
Connoisseur
charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Boox Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by zsdiogo View Post
Extremely useful information, citytrader! I wonder if there is a changelog for 1.9.0 somewhere...
I'm pretty sure there was one on the website with the (Chinese) update details linked-to in a previous post.
charliebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 06:46 PM   #4
MadAstra
Enthusiast
MadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle Oasis, Onyx Boox Note
Check out this post by cqman: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...2&postcount=61
MadAstra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 09:14 AM   #5
Philippe D.
Addict
Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2o; reMarkable; Onyx Max 2 Pro
Is there a way to get this update "normally"? When I tried to "check update from cloud" on my Max 2, it said that no update was available. I got a previous update through a download and so could update from local storage, but where should I look for it?
Philippe D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2018, 10:21 AM   #6
eeeink
Banned
eeeink doesn't littereeeink doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe D. View Post
Is there a way to get this update "normally"? When I tried to "check update from cloud" on my Max 2, it said that no update was available. I got a previous update through a download and so could update from local storage, but where should I look for it?
Doesn't appear so, but doing it by switching to Chinese language worked for me. Just remember the taps you need to go through before you switch, took me a few tries.
eeeink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 12:44 PM   #7
charliebub
Connoisseur
charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeeink View Post
Doesn't appear so, but doing it by switching to Chinese language worked for me. Just remember the taps you need to go through before you switch, took me a few tries.
T'is right! It's easier than it sounds.
When you get into Chinese (after the update) remember, to get back to English - the language menu in settings is the one that looks like a globe - go into that and the first item at the top of the menu is the one you want - then on to choose English - a little scary but really pretty easy.

Version 1.0 is a significant improvement.

Good luck, remember to be patient when the update looks as though it's doing nothing - it will complete just fine.

John B.
Old 06-28-2018, 08:50 PM   #8
isaact33
isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx boox m96 & Boox Max 2
Fhe new note app has bugs. I experinced the note app freeze on me 3-4 times. And had to restart the note app just to get it to work agian. Sometimes when i enter full screen mode it does not write anything. Maybe its due to having alot of pages (117)? Has anyone else experinced anything similar?
isaact33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 10:29 PM   #9
orcinus
Gadgeteer
orcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enough

Device: iRex iLiad, Sony PRS-500, Nokia 770, BB 7200, Samsung i600, iPhone
Never mind the note app, power management has bugs...

The shutdown timeout remains active while charging. And Note doesn't charge when off.
Meaning you either have to keep tapping the screen every now and then if you want it to charge, or disable the shutdown when charging.

I don't think 1.8.x did that, from what i recall, it would suspend auto shutdown while connected to USB.
orcinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 03:45 AM   #10
Otamono
Otamono began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note
So i just updated to 1.9 looks good so far. But a major bummer is that i cant Use the eraser anymore with tip of the pen (using the remarkable pen) am I just missing something?

Wp on the evernote integration!
Otamono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 04:54 AM   #11
cqman
Groupie
cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle DXG, Onyx Boox Max1, Max2, Nova, Hisense A5 Pro
2018-06-28 1.9.0_c3425ed: some bugs fixed.
cqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 05:06 AM   #12
charliebub
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaact33 View Post
Fhe new note app has bugs. I experinced the note app freeze on me 3-4 times. And had to restart the note app just to get it to work agian. Sometimes when i enter full screen mode it does not write anything. Maybe its due to having alot of pages (117)? Has anyone else experinced anything similar?
Hi, I found this too - there are still bugs all over the place but to be honest I'm so tired of worrying about this fundamentally-flawed device (I have the Max 2) I've almost given up bothering to even record what happened and where/when, as Onyx just don't seem to have a clue - just my £700.

It's a measure of how we're accepting the pitiful faults of these devices when we start to wonder if 117 pages is "a lot of pages"............

It's just unbelievable how such a supposedly high-end (££££) device can fail even to have the basics of let's face it, not the most capable operating system there is (Android V whatever) working properly or to the very base-line standards of the most incapable mobile-'phone these days.

I bought the Max 2 to use it, not to become part of the test-driver team. I really am sick to death of the constant - even after the 'update' that needed to be made via the Chinese version!

Oops - sorry to ramble on - I'm a little frustrated with the blasted thing....

John B - a one-time-only customer of Onyx and it's shambolic fire-fighting business.
Old 06-29-2018, 05:08 AM   #13
charliebub
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqman View Post
2018-06-28 1.9.0_c3425ed: some bugs fixed.
And so-on-and-so-on...

I'll probably have to write a clause in my will to say "please continue to update my Max 2 when I'm gone"........................
Old 06-29-2018, 05:11 AM   #14
Otamono
Otamono began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebub View Post
Hi, I found this too - there are still bugs all over the place but to be honest I'm so tired of worrying about this fundamentally-flawed device (I have the Max 2) I've almost given up bothering to even record what happened and where/when, as Onyx just don't seem to have a clue - just my £700.

It's a measure of how we're accepting the pitiful faults of these devices when we start to wonder if 117 pages is "a lot of pages"............

It's just unbelievable how such a supposedly high-end (££££) device can fail even to have the basics of let's face it, not the most capable operating system there is (Android V whatever) working properly or to the very base-line standards of the most incapable mobile-'phone these days.

I bought the Max 2 to use it, not to become part of the test-driver team. I really am sick to death of the constant - even after the 'update' that needed to be made via the Chinese version!

Oops - sorry to ramble on - I'm a little frustrated with the blasted thing....

John B - a one-time-only customer of Onyx and it's shambolic fire-fighting business.
Mh those might be all valid Points, but regarding the Update, did you consider that it does not show up unless you switch to chinese, is because jts still a beta version, and you are not supposed to use it. Especially people that cant handle bugs. Maybe chinese people are more forgiving there in general
Otamono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 08:57 AM   #15
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otamono View Post
Mh those might be all valid Points, but regarding the Update, did you consider that it does not show up unless you switch to chinese, is because jts still a beta version, and you are not supposed to use it. Especially people that cant handle bugs. Maybe chinese people are more forgiving there in general
You are right. The official international release is scheduled (internally) on Monday (2nd of July). It will be available via OTA (cloud). We are still testing and polishing the 1.9.0.
Additionally there will be our extended version available for download. It will be a little bit different to official version. E.g. we are going to enable device PIN protection and offer a feature to disable/enable capacitive layer for active session in order to use some third party apps without palm rejection.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote