Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-21-2013, 02:11 AM   #1
joe2005
joe2005 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Replacement battery for kindle 2

I have a Kindle 2 for the past couple of years.Now it requires frequent charge apparently due to weak battery.I wanted to replace the same, browsed Amazon.There are at least 4 items are available for kindle 2 I am confused to pick the right one.one item specifically states that it is suitable for 3g version only.Can somebody guide me in choosing the correct battery for replacement.
My device info is:2.5.2(490480060)
Serial# B003BOA********

Thanks
joe2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:14 AM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
http://www.newpower99.com/ProductDet...2&Show=ExtInfo

Note the section of this page that shows you how to find the model number so you can order the correct battery for your unit.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2013, 06:18 AM   #3
joe2005
joe2005 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thank you very much
joe2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:23 AM   #4
astmario
Connoisseur
astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
If battery is >30$, consider upgrading device, K2 is too old to be worth investing in, and screen quality on basic Kindle 4(69$) is way better.
astmario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:28 AM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
To the people who purchased K2s for $250+ (or even $300+) and love them, $30-50 might well be worth it to keep an old friend. Any bright light shined on an unlit eink screen pretty much eliminates the "betterness" of the newer screens anyway. It's usually only in lower-light conditions where the newer screens have an advantage. I don't read in dim situations. Besides, for many users, the Kindle 4 could hardly be considered an upgrade (or even a replacement) for the Kindle 2. I, for instance, would consider nothing short of a Paperwhite to replace my K2 (and even that tradeoff has downsides that have kept me from going that route so far).

Last edited by DiapDealer; 09-23-2013 at 11:37 AM.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2013, 10:32 PM   #6
allowingtoo
Bibliophile
allowingtoo began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon
What about the Lico Battery on eBay? Isn't that what they originally came with? The price is right.
allowingtoo is offline   Reply With Quote