Sorry again for coming in with another problem but:

Quote:
calibre, version 5.26.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre/gui2/device.py", line 89, in run
File "calibre/gui2/device.py", line 545, in _sync_booklists
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 459, in sync_booklists
all_nulls = __rows_needing_imageid()
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 455, in __rows_needing_imageid
for row in c:
apsw.CorruptError: CorruptError: database disk image is malformed
My Kobo froze when I was transferring, I waited for half an hour before resetting and now I'm getting this when I connect to Calibre.
grimorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 11:29 PM   #2597
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimorie View Post
Sorry again for coming in with another problem but:

My Kobo froze when I was transferring, I waited for half an hour before resetting and now I'm getting this when I connect to Calibre.
That is a corrupt database. It was probably caused when it froze. Unfortunately, unless you have a backup of the database, you will need to sign out of the Kobo account on the device and then back in. Which will mean you lose the reading status and annotations for sideloaded books.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 11:59 PM   #2598
grimorie
grimorie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That is a corrupt database. It was probably caused when it froze. Unfortunately, unless you have a backup of the database, you will need to sign out of the Kobo account on the device and then back in. Which will mean you lose the reading status and annotations for sideloaded books.
Ah.... damn. Okay, I'll do that, thank you.

Edited to Add: Thank you, it works!

Last edited by grimorie; 09-10-2021 at 09:43 AM.
grimorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 06:18 PM   #2599
ownedbycats
Wizard
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Question: Sometimes when I sideload a book as kepub, the little chapter bar graph that shows the lengths has a weird 0-page gap between each chapter.

I looked at the ToC of the books and didn't see anything weird about it. Any idea what might be causing it?
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 07:54 AM   #2600
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Question: Sometimes when I sideload a book as kepub, the little chapter bar graph that shows the lengths has a weird 0-page gap between each chapter.

I looked at the ToC of the books and didn't see anything weird about it. Any idea what might be causing it?
This happens when the ToC reference has a fragment and isn't just a link to the file. Everything up to the tag the ToC reference points to will be shown as a bar. Even if the tag is the first after the body tag.
Old 09-18-2021, 08:05 AM   #2601
ownedbycats
Wizard
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I look at the toc.ncx file and see that. Can I just edit the NCX directly and re-send and update the device TOC to fix it?
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 11:11 AM   #2602
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I look at the toc.ncx file and see that. Can I just edit the NCX directly and re-send and update the device TOC to fix it?
Yes, I have done that. Though I actually did the reverse today to check how it worked.

I usually fix the book so that the ToC generates the way I want to see it. That means adding heading with a class that has "display:none" and converting the existing. Most of the times I have seen it there is some sort of decoration above the chapter heading. Fixing this just takes a little regex.
Old 09-18-2021, 12:36 PM   #2603
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura2, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Use the TOC editor in Calibre. (icon has a hand on a list)
You can add it to a toolbar in the main GUI for direct usage or use it from the Editor.
Huge amount of options for generating, editing.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 05:28 AM   #2604
giododa
Connoisseur
giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Libra
[Errno 13] Permission denied:

Hi,
today I updated Calibre to version 5.30 (on pc running Windows10).
I added some books to Calibre and then tried to send them to my Kobo Libra as Kepub.
I have enabled last version of Kobo Touch Extended driver.
Sending to Kobo Libra fails and program show this error:
Code:
calibre, version 5.30.0
ERRORE: Errore: Errore di comunicazione col dispositivo

[Errno 13] Permission denied: 'C:\\Users\\chicc\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre_1ftevlpx\\2hhdh2d8_epub_container\\OEBPS\\Text\\p010_capitolo-07.xhtml'

File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 87, in run
  File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 593, in _upload_books
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver", line 400, in upload_books
  File "calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 2143, in upload_books
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver", line 211, in _modify_epub
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container", line 119, in __init__
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container", line 375, in __run_async_over_content
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container", line 368, in __run_async
  File "concurrent\futures\_base.py", line 432, in result
  File "concurrent\futures\_base.py", line 388, in __get_result
  File "concurrent\futures\thread.py", line 57, in run
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container", line 310, in forced_cleanup
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container", line 170, in flush_cache
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container", line 174, in __flush_cache_impl
  File "calibre\ebooks\oeb\polish\container.py", line 1032, in commit_item
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'C:\\Users\\chicc\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre_1ftevlpx\\2hhdh2d8_epub_container\\OEBPS\\Text\\p010_capitolo-07.xhtml'
I can still send normal epub to Kobo Libra only after uninstalling the extended plugin and reenable the Kobo Touch Driver by David Forrester.
Any idea about this?
giododa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 05:56 AM   #2605
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by giododa View Post
Hi,
today I updated Calibre to version 5.30 (on pc running Windows10).
I added some books to Calibre and then tried to send them to my Kobo Libra as Kepub.
I have enabled last version of Kobo Touch Extended driver.
Sending to Kobo Libra fails and program show this error:
Code:
calibre, version 5.30.0
ERRORE: Errore: Errore di comunicazione col dispositivo

[Errno 13] Permission denied: 'C:\\Users\\chicc\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre_1ftevlpx\\2hhdh2d8_epub_container\\OEBPS\\Text\\p010_capitolo-07.xhtml'

File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 87, in run
  File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 593, in _upload_books
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver", line 400, in upload_books
  File "calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 2143, in upload_books
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver", line 211, in _modify_epub
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container", line 119, in __init__
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container", line 375, in __run_async_over_content
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container", line 310, in forced_cleanup
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container", line 170, in flush_cache
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container", line 174, in __flush_cache_impl
  File "calibre\ebooks\oeb\polish\container.py", line 1032, in commit_item
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'C:\\Users\\chicc\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre_1ftevlpx\\2hhdh2d8_epub_container\\OEBPS\\Text\\p010_capitolo-07.xhtml'
I can still send normal epub to Kobo Libra only after uninstalling the extended plugin and reenable the Kobo Touch Driver by David Forrester.
Any idea about this?
The last line is the important thing. It says that calibre does have access to the temporary directory it needs to do the work that needed for the driver. You need to work out why that is. Or move the temporary directory to somewhere that can be updated.
Old 10-24-2021, 06:28 AM   #2606
giododa
Connoisseur
giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Thank you for quick reply.
Old 10-24-2021, 07:26 AM   #2607
giododa
Connoisseur

Moved the temporary directory.
It works!
Old 10-29-2021, 09:28 PM   #2608
RobertJSawyer
Fanatic
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Aura HD, Aura, Mini; Kindle PaperWhite
UPDATE: See my next message; I found a copy of 3.4.4 in this thread and have successfully installed it.

Hi, Joel. I wrecked my Calibre installation on a Windows 7 32-bit computer. I've reinstalled Calibre 4.23, which is the last version that works on this machine, but, in the process, I somehow lost the KoboTouchExtended plugin, and Calibre's own interface won't let me download an older version of that plugin, and the current version requires at least Calibre 5.0. Is there a way for me to get an old version of KoboTouchExtended that works with Calibre 4.23?

Many thanks!

Last edited by RobertJSawyer; 10-30-2021 at 12:28 AM.
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 12:27 AM   #2609
RobertJSawyer
Fanatic
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Aura HD, Aura, Mini; Kindle PaperWhite
UPDATE to my previous message

I found KoboTouchExtended.zip version 3.4.4 earlier in this thread and have successfully installed it in Calibre 4.23. Woohoo! Is there a more-recent version that works with Calibre 4.23?

I've also installed KePub Output.zip version 2.83, which I found in the thread for that plugin. It's working, but I'm wondering if that is the most-recent version that works with Calibre 4.23?

Many thanks!

Last edited by RobertJSawyer; 10-30-2021 at 12:45 AM.
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 04:45 AM   #2610
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJSawyer View Post
UPDATE to my previous message

I found KoboTouchExtended.zip version 3.4.4 earlier in this thread and have successfully installed it in Calibre 4.23. Woohoo! Is there a more-recent version that works with Calibre 4.23?

I've also installed KePub Output.zip version 2.83, which I found in the thread for that plugin. It's working, but I'm wondering if that is the most-recent version that works with Calibre 4.23?
Older versions of the plugins can be found in the Github repository at https://github.com/jgoguen/calibre-kobo-driver. You should be able to find the version you want in the release section. I don't know which version you need. You will either have to work out based on the release dates or trial and error.

Tags
error, kobo aura one