Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-22-2021, 06:41 PM   #1
nessimeloup
nessimeloup began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Plugboard Kindle author sort help

Hi, no matter how much I've read through I haven't been able to figure this out.

Since I would like the titles to sort by author's last name, I know to put {author_sort} into the plugboard as the source template and set the destination as authors.
However, I would like the author's name to display as "First name Last name." What can I do to achieve this?

Thanks
nessimeloup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 06:47 PM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
As long as the author field in a kindle book is in “last, first” format it will display on the device as “first last” instead.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 11:27 PM   #3
nessimeloup

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
As long as the author field in a kindle book is in “last, first” format it will display on the device as “first last” instead.
I've read that, but it is definitely not working, for whatever reason.
If I use the plugboard I mentioned above and/or check use author sort as author, the authors are alphabetical but shown as LN, FN.
If I use neither the plugboard above or the checkbox, then the authors are alphabetical first name and shown as FN LN.
Old 11-19-2021, 05:22 PM   #4
nessimeloup

Nobody has any ideas?
Old 11-19-2021, 05:27 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by nessimeloup View Post
Nobody has any ideas?
Yep!
Change your expectations

Many of us grew up with Card Catalogs and Telephone books. All were Last, First.

All of a sudden we have a Generation that want First Last (and various Sort rules). ??????????? Calibre just passes FIELD values to the device
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote