Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 08-20-2021, 09:17 AM   #76
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 7, Likebook 7, Tolino 7, Kobo 5, Kindle 3,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyphen-ated View Post
I'd run a test. Do you know a good public domain test file?
You can create it yourself:
Copy several jpg pictures of the same size into a folder, name them P001.jpg, P002.jpg, etc.
Compress this folder into a rar file and change the file extension to cbr.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 05:03 PM   #77
Hyphen-ated
-
Hyphen-ated began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma. Previously: Kobo Aura HD
I bought a Kobo Forma. Both Nickel and KOReader turn pages significantly faster than they do on the Aura HD. KOReader remains much faster than Nickel. The physical buttons also have noticeably less latency than using the touchscreen.

In KOReader, using the buttons, the page turn delay is somewhere in the neighborhood of a tenth of a second. It's hard to measure it accurately with a camera because the button travel is very shallow and it's tricky to whack the button from above with a moving finger.

I'm happy with this purchase.
Hyphen-ated is online now   Reply With Quote