Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 08-20-2010, 05:34 AM   #1
georg3200
Connoisseur
georg3200 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Selling epub in Itunes store. How?

One of our customers wants to sell epubs in the iTunes-store.
As far as I know this is possible for everyone. (?)

Does someone know what to do?
The only thing I found was an website from apple to apply for this, but you have to be a company with an US-tax-id. So this seems not to be the right way (we are located in germany).
https://itunesconnect.apple.com/WebO...t.woa/wa/apply

Can someone point me to the right direction?
georg3200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:45 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by georg3200 View Post
One of our customers wants to sell epubs in the iTunes-store.
As far as I know this is possible for everyone. (?)

Does someone know what to do?
The only thing I found was an website from apple to apply for this, but you have to be a company with an US-tax-id. So this seems not to be the right way (we are located in germany).
https://itunesconnect.apple.com/WebO...t.woa/wa/apply

Can someone point me to the right direction?
You could probably pay a third party to handle this (starting at less than $100 USD). Apple identifies a number of Apple-approved Aggregators.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2010, 04:56 AM   #3
georg3200
Connoisseur
georg3200 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hmm, our customer claims that someone who is an app developer has the possibility to sell ebooks in itunes?!?!

I know that there is the possibility to sell the ebooks via a third party like smashwords, but I thought maybe our customer is right and its possible for everyone to sell ebooks in iTunes?!
georg3200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:14 AM   #4
tyche
Addict
tyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with others

Device: PRS-505, iPad
You can create an app that is just a book. This is done with out of copyright books a lot but I'm not aware if any copyrighted novels being offered this way. There might be a few as long as you can prove ownership to Apple's satisfaction or they are under the radar of the big publishers.
tyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:17 AM   #5
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Hmm, our customer claims that someone who is an app developer has the possibility to sell ebooks in itunes?!?!

I know that there is the possibility to sell the ebooks via a third party like smashwords, but I thought maybe our customer is right and its possible for everyone to sell ebooks in iTunes?!
a) You can sell books apps through the app store
b) You can sell books directly through the iBookstore, but have to have the necessarily details, including US tax id
c) You can sell books through the iBookstore using an intermediary such as Smashwords
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2010, 11:57 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
No. Only if you live in the US.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:45 PM   #7
StevenSaus
Alliteration Ink
StevenSaus began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS
There are more options than that now. Some other folks will get you into the iBookstore without going through Smashwords or Lulu - which may be attractive if you already have an eISBN and ePub formatted book.

For example, me.

http://www.alliterationink.com/publi...l#distribution
StevenSaus is offline   Reply With Quote